What's Up With Walther?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I remember back in the mid 90's, the Walther PPK and PPK/S were considered the cream of the crop as far as .32 and .380 pistols went. So then Walther sold out to S&W and they sure screwed the looks and design of Carl Walther's beautiful PP series pistols by adding that humongous tang on the back end. Then Umarex bought 'em? They make pop-guns don't they? Are you kidding me? Crap. Now we have Walther Arms in Ft. Smith and I'm not sure what they do...The P22 was a cool little pistol, but we found out it was a pot-metal wonder that broke way to easy. The PK380 looked cool...kinda, but, had the "Umarexishness" all over it. The CCP? Nah. The PPS was a hit there for awhile, then it seems to have fizzled. The PPQ is supposed to be okay, a really good gun actually. But the flagship gun, the one Bond (James Bond) carried, is NOT available today! WTF? I cannot go out and buy a brand new Walther PPK or PPK/S anymore! In my mind, one of the most iconic pistols ever made.

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

FrankNmac

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I bought a new Interarms Walther PPK/S .380 back in 1992 or so. Very cool looking gun, shot it some then put it away until I used it to qualify for my SDA license a year ago. Good shooter, but it did have a heavy trigger pull and I sold it.

Last fall I bought a new Walther 9mm PPS M2 LE (came with night sights sights and 3 magazines) when GunBuyer had them for $399. I really like this gun's size, trigger, accuracy, and features. In fact, I sold my Glock 26 and kept the Walther.

http://www.waltherarms.com/handguns/pps/pps-m2/

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You're lucky. The last PPK/S we sold have an 19# trigger. Ain't nobody got time for that.

Was that one of the "new" .22lr pistols out of Ft. Smith that said "Made in Germany"? (If it was one of those .22lr pistols, it was made at the Umarex plant there). I had one of these for a short period...that ridiculous DA trigger turned me off that stupid thing quick.

Latest posts

Top Bottom