What's wrong in OK!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TeamTomlyn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
No surprise there, everyone wants to be first to market. Plus with all the saber rattling about license caps or fee increases, just spurs more people to take the plunge now. Give it another 3-5 years and it will calm down and even out. As we get more funding from the sell of MMJ it will increase the enforcement abilities and cut back on the black market issues.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm less concerned about people using weed recreationally, than I am the influx of Chinese exploiting the industry. It's a growing problem and there's a substantial history of China supplying the cartels with fentanyl production supplies. I don't think OBN is staffed or funded sufficiently to curb this trend.

Also, if you've never watched "Trafficked with Mariana van Zeller" on NatGeo, you should. She does an excellent job breaking down the components of the trafficking industry and a couple of episodes dealt with this specifically.

https://nmpoliticalreport.com/2020/...eading-to-exploitation-and-labor-trafficking/
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-56835897
https://www.wsj.com/articles/china-...ry-bloom-but-says-no-to-marijuana-11573567906
https://www.southwestledger.news/ne...ween-chinese-nationals-black-market-marijuana

Last edited:

OKRuss

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Cheap land(used to be) and like mentioned no regulations to speak of. Largely Asians more so than Mexicans from what I've seen. A group tried to buy some land adjacent to ours but was too heavily wooded and they would've spent too much clearing it then getting a well and electricity. Several LARGE operations just south of Okemah on I-27 and that's nothing compared to what's in the state overall. I do know from talking with many others, including investors, the BIG guys came in and are pushing the small ones out of business or underground. Prices have dropped significantly over the last 2 years due to the overwhelming number of licensed growers.

Fro

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Land in my area is being bought up by the Chinese. They are imprting slave laborers from China to work them.
Now the Mexican cartels and the Russian cartels are buying land and building grow houses.
I really blows my mind that the fact they’re using slave labor hasn’t been all over the news.

OKRuss

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No surprise there, everyone wants to be first to market. Plus with all the saber rattling about license caps or fee increases, just spurs more people to take the plunge now. Give it another 3-5 years and it will calm down and even out. As we get more funding from the sell of MMJ it will increase the enforcement abilities and cut back on the black market issues.
Can't agree on the "get more funding part" based on the OP article. OMMA says there was $138 million in tax revenue for the state. Sen Inhofe is asking for an additional $4 million. Seems like could just divert some from that $138M. If not this year, write it in for 2022 as you can GUARANTEE the tax revenue will be even higher(no pun intended)!

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Inspite of the boom, I understand there are many small greenhouse operations that can't make money and are looking for other things to grow (?!)

rlongnt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I just don't understand how anyone can make money if a card holder can have six mature plants? I'd think the real money is to be made supplying gear to grow not the farming itself. IDK.... Not my bag so maybe I'm missing something?

Latest posts

Top Bottom