What's Wrong With Benelli Nova Shotgun?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Actually, I have a Nova for partial home protection with a standard barrel. I've been wanting a slug barrel (why, I'm not quite sure) and this Nova I bid on has the slug barrel. I simply like guns.... If I'm outbid I lose no sleep, there are many out there.

badrinker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Reasonably priced and reliable. I had one and had no problems with it, traded it to a buddy for a youth gun or would still have it. That same buddy shot one for years with no trouble, started jonesy for a "fancier" shotgun. Traded for a BPS, then a Versa-max, now back to shooting another Nova.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Got the Benelli Slug Gun, I bought it because I wanted a slug barrel for my other Benelli and they range from a couple hundred for a slug barrel to close to $500. New, still in the box and will be here this coming Wednesday. I was the only one that bid on the thing.

aestus

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No point in getting a Nova when you can get a SuperNova for not much more.

Downsides is lack of aftermarket accessories. Not a big deal if you're just using it for hunting. It's a heavy mofo and probably overbuilt / over-engineered. It's like carrying a 4x4 everywhere.

Plus sides is that it's fast cycling and smooth out of the box. Maybe not as smooth as a 30 yr old 870 Wingmaster, but very fast and smooth out of the box. Comfortech stock makes a difference in recoil. With that said, the SuperNovas don't come with the soft gel comb and recoil pad like their Semi-Auto guns. These comfortech stocks have just a hard rigid rubber comb and buttpad.

wolfkpr

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
never owned a Nova, but have had a couple friends that were hardcore waterfowlers and put shotguns to hard use that swore by them...

Latest posts

Top Bottom