What's your favorite WMA to hunt?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I liked the old Candy Creek WMA the best. We had finally figured it out real well when it went back to private ownership. Best 5 years of hunting I have had.

My dad and I squirrel and crow hunted it often, lots o ticks!
I didn't realize it was closed? or private?

Deer Slayer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hunting SE Okla public land is an experience I once had and am glad it is behind me. I got a weeeee bit nervous listening to the whine of bullets passing by. Roosta and I share a love for an area that has more deer than people and we have access to many places that outsiders never will see. You have to be an insider to experience them. I have 55 years of experience in that neck of the woods. How things have changed but time has not

DEER 24/7

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
sandy sanders just because it is so different then anything else I ever hunt,but since they made it illeagal to put corn out on wma guess I won'nt be hunting there anymore

Okiedeerhunter

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah Ive hunted down in Texoma/Washita arm about 2 years ago and dam what an experience. I was walking to my hunting spot and walked up on a huge boar, looked like he was about 250 lbs.

Okiedeerhunter

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Three Rivers/Honobia. I grew up huntin there. We had a classic deer camp at an ol whisky still with lots of old men , lots of stories and memories. when we weren't huntin we were just driving loggin roads, BS'ing about what guys do. It is big, there are tons of unknown places, and you never know what you're going to see. It is not like most WMA's. Easy place to hunt? Not if you've never hunted SE Ok. It can be a challenge to take a big buck on heavily timbered land. But there is nothing like it. As much as I don't like imports, I'd much rather tell every Okie about it than one texan. Come down and experience it once.

I will some day.

Latest posts

Top Bottom