What's your rifle weather looking like?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Parks 788

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I tend to start checking the extended forecast about a week to 10 days out every deer rifle season. I always pay for the cold for rifle opener. I know the forecast is just an educated guess but it is looking like a cold front should be moving in on Friday 22nd and should have some chilly weather for Saturday morning. I sure hope this forecast holds or gets even colder. Although we sleep and live in large canvas tents at deer camp I like the "colder the better" theory.

We hunt on a private ranch/lease near Cookson. What is your forecast telling you for rifle opener?

r00s7a

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Man, it is going to be hot, dry, bucks ain't gonna be moving. Rut was over weeks ago, they have all hung it up for the year. Some have already shed their antlers.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
To be honest its too early for an accurate weather prediction by the major news networks. Possibly you should fly in early to prevent delays at the airports. But this time last week they were predicting lows in the teens Wednesday morning this week. Now its up to 34 degrees. See where I am going with this.

Latest posts

Top Bottom