What's your snake gun?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LBnM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What holster did you get? I'd like to carry my judge when I take my son, niece and nephew fishing. The gun is fairly light but it's pretty good sized. About like a 6" N frame. Probably not a lot smaller than that 629 you used to carry, maybe bigger if it was a snubbie.

I ordered a DeSantis Speed Scabbard from Midway USA. Great fit.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Maybe a copperhead?

If you will notice the eliptical eye slit that runs vertical. In the USA every poisonous snake has vertical pupils. Non poisionous snakes have a round pupil like humans. This is not always true in other countries. Just the USA.
So the next time you aren't really sure if its is a non-poisonous or poisonous snake, the eyes will tell:D

Soulman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you will notice the eliptical eye slit that runs vertical. In the USA every poisonous snake has vertical pupils. Non poisionous snakes have a round pupil like humans. This is not always true in other countries. Just the USA.
So the next time you aren't really sure if its is a non-poisonous or poisonous snake, the eyes will tell:D

I'm not going to get within kissing distance to look into their eyes. :D

gl89aw

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a few .22 birdshot shells loaded in my spare magazine for my old H.D.M. They won't cycle the slide but usually one shot is enough. They are a lot of fun on rats and mice too.

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I've had to go TDY several times to Concord Naval Weapons Station out in Claifornia. The entire site is a wildlife reserve, so no killing anything. The ammunition inspection area is roughly two miles from the piers. If by some chance you have to walk it, and I have, you learn really quick to get a big stick to carry with you. I have never seen so many rattlers in one place before. They love to get on the road to warm up before moving out to eat. You can't hit or kill them, all you can do is push them out of your way. Heck even in a car you have to try not to run over them or you will get fined. They have about three deaths a year there from folks getting bitten. They have over 12 getting bit a year there. You don't hear about it because of where it is and what the sight is.

Latest posts

Top Bottom