What's your snake gun?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GoArmy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'll have to see how well it works. Already have a Glock .40... so I'm gonna try the .40 CCI shotshells.

Plus - I totaly agree with jmkeeler's option #1.. I HATE snakes. Not all snakes, just the group that likes to bite and cause pain and or death. ... just HATE 'EM :(

Neanderthal

In Remembrance / March 2023
Special Hen
Reaction score
We have a lot of snakes out here, many poisonous ones. When walking around I carry a S&W 642 with CCI shotshells - they are far more potent than you may think.

steelhorse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I killed many snakes and turtles when I was a kid with a Remington 1100 20ga. but the shells were supplied by my Grandpa. He had many stocked crawdad ponds and would buy me as many as I could shoot. He was afraid of the .22s ricocheting.

Biggsly

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i785.photobucket.com_albums_yy137_Biggsly_SW63kit002.jpg

only the poisonous ones.

b52fizzle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Strange nobody has mentioned using a python or anaconda for dispatching these scaly vermin, i bought my dad a judge just for this and his outdoor and fishing trips to southeastern Oklahoma, namely Honobia

1mathom1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Been loading my own .38 special shot shells for years using the CCI capsules,#9 shot and Unique. I carry a 4" Security Six with one in the cylinder followed by regular defense ammo then index the cylinder so the shot shell comes up first. Have only killed a couple copperheads and one cottonmouth in the couple decades I've been toting it. Frankly I shoot up most of the shotshells shooting at pop cans tossed in the air.

NINEROUND

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
In response to the original post, I carry either my Model 19 snubbie or my 686 snubbie with the CCI loads. All six chambers full of it. If, in the event that 2 legged snakes may be close, I would suggest carrying a speedloader or speedstrip full of the more appropriate JHP load. While I have never had to fire the CCI's at a serpetine adversary, I have seen their performance in the past from my dad's 38 snub. Seemed to work very well: Cut the snake in half.

Latest posts

Top Bottom