When can you show your gun to good people?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Iwant1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
All of us have friends that conceal carry. Whether at church, at work, or even out in public somewhere you meet your friends. Sometimes you've purchased a new gun, or a new holster. I know legally, it is not to be exposed. However, when, where, and how many people can there be, until it's not ok. For instance:
1) Bathrooms with a few friends?
2) Side room with closed door with just you and a friend.
3) Vacant hallways
4) Parking Lots when "No one is looking"
Picture you and some friends in a room with 15 people. You know everyone and for the most part, everyone is "for" guns. 4 or 5 friends around you either have guns on them or like them, but they know you are carrying. They are wanting to see your gun or holster. Is it acceptable to show them and by this I mean keeping the gun holstered, just exposing it? Keep in mind there are 10 or more people in this room in the background? Just food for thought, I'm wondering if I'm alone.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I believe in the "I'll show you mine if you show me yours" approach. :naughty:

But no, seriously...it's never a good idea to publicly draw your weapon. Besides...if you and a couple of other guys jet off to the back bedroom, looking at each others lower torso areas, what do you think everybody else is gonna think y'all are up to? :faint:

Iwant1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm not referring to ever removing your gun from its holster. So you're tell me, that you guys have never been in a driveway or in a closed office and shown your holster(with gun in it) to someone?

Iwant1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
All of us have friends that conceal carry. Whether at church, at work, or even out in public somewhere you meet your friends. Sometimes you've purchased a new gun, or a new holster. I know legally, it is not to be exposed. However, when, where, and how many people can there be, until it's not ok. For instance:
1) Bathrooms with a few friends?
2) Side room with closed door with just you and a friend.
3) Vacant hallways
4) Parking Lots when "No one is looking"
Picture you and some friends in a room with 15 people. You know everyone and for the most part, everyone is "for" guns. 4 or 5 friends around you either have guns on them or like them, but they know you are carrying. They are wanting to see your gun or holster. Is it acceptable to show them and by this I mean keeping the gun holstered, just exposing it? Keep in mind there are 10 or more people in this room in the background? Just food for thought, I'm wondering if I'm alone.

Let me clarify. The people that are doing this are not doing it in an inmature way.
The question I want answered is this: When is it legal to show your holstered gun to someone wanting to see it? How many people can be present?

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So you're tell me, that you guys have never been in a driveway or in a closed office and shown your holster(with gun in it) to someone?

Yup, that's what I'm telling you. It stays under my shirt/jacket until it's time to shoot it or secure it for the day. Period.

If it comes up in conversation, I change the subject or deflect to other gun topics.

Latest posts

Top Bottom