When somebody's ex dies

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GlockPride

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You sir have a warped brain......and I like it.

Well, keep hangin’ around, you just never know what’s going to come out of my mouth…. I don’t know how I’ve survived so long working for a mega-corporate, Uber PC, fortune 50 company all these years.

ttown

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just saying grown kids mean more than likely you’ve been divorced 20 or 30 years. If you haven’t moved on by then you need some help.

Be respectful and say sorry for you and your kids loss…. Or congrats I guess in your case.

HFS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Try to be positive about it and say "It's wonderful you get to spend some more time with your grandkids!"

^^^ I would think that but wouldn't actually say it.

C_Hallbert

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Our cleaning lady let us know she could not come today because her ex-husband died and their kids were going to funeral, leaving her with their grandchildren.
I didn't know whether to say "sorry about your ex" since she wasn't going to the funeral but just saying "can you come next week" seemed kinda callous.
She may share children with the ex and need to be there for them……, and wants to make sure he’s dead.

Bocephus123

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
3 women 45 years. Fought the ex for 2 years for custody, raised 3 kids.
After the kids are grown you tend to quit fighting.

Id see my ex every holiday as my daughter host our events, of corse my current always is there.

We take 8 or 9 people once or twice a year jumping and all three are usually there, along with a couple dozen family member to watch.

My kids are more important than my old feelings, they hate some things that happened but they love us both.

Life’s to short to hate IMO
Amen! still not over it but you move past it.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My ex- has passed on. It seems like it would be a weird question but it's really not. At least for me. We were in love. We had a couple of kids. It fell apart (but looking back we had a lot of help from relatives in that respect). I don't think it's a stretch for anyone to remain fond of an ex- ... Not ALL the memories were bad. Well, unless you have an ex- like Grumpy's. 👀👀👀👀 Jeez that woman ... 😬😬😬😬😬😬😬😬😬

Latest posts

Top Bottom