When somebody's ex dies

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BillM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've gotten to the point where I wouldn't dance if she died, assuming I found out about it at all. I knew what & who she was when I married her, and thought I could live with it. Took 8 years to figure out I was wrong, and some of the stuff she was getting into towards the end would have wound up with me making big rocks into little rocks at Ft. Leavenworth. Divorced June 6th, remarried August 14th. She kept in touch with mutual friends who reported that my ex & her boyfriend, my ex-best friend, still griped about me 30+ years later. My mom thought our divorce was fairly amicable until one day I mentioned that if the ex waas standing on a street corner burning I wouldn't urinate on her. I've since realized that she expected me to change, and I didn't expect her not to change. We both messed up, and messed up bad. Beside, I'm kinda stuck with her. Found out a week before our wedding that we were distant cousins. She was from New York City, I'm from Los Angeles, and we met at Wichita Falls, Tx. Talk about a small world...

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm going to start referring my wife as the 'current' wife. Plant that little seed to keep her from getting too comfortable. Thanks.

I usually introduce my wife as "my ex-girlfriend".

My first... I might go to her funeral if my kids asked me to. Otherwise...hard no.

My second... Yep. Married 30 years and one day...left on good terms. We stay in touch...divorced going on 3 years now. She'll likely outlive me but if she didn't, I'd miss her friendship.

kingfish

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This happened a few months ago with our niece. They had 3 young sons. It was a very uncomfortable situation. The x-inlaws made it even worse having the hutzpah to try to sue for guardianship of the kids.

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've gotten to the point where I wouldn't dance if she died, assuming I found out about it at all. I knew what & who she was when I married her, and thought I could live with it. Took 8 years to figure out I was wrong, and some of the stuff she was getting into towards the end would have wound up with me making big rocks into little rocks at Ft. Leavenworth. Divorced June 6th, remarried August 14th. She kept in touch with mutual friends who reported that my ex & her boyfriend, my ex-best friend, still griped about me 30+ years later. My mom thought our divorce was fairly amicable until one day I mentioned that if the ex waas standing on a street corner burning I wouldn't urinate on her. I've since realized that she expected me to change, and I didn't expect her not to change. We both messed up, and messed up bad. Beside, I'm kinda stuck with her. Found out a week before our wedding that we were distant cousins. She was from New York City, I'm from Los Angeles, and we met at Wichita Falls, Tx. Talk about a small world...
Hmmm... that's kind of backwards. There's an old saying....

Men marry a woman hoping she won't change. Women marry a man hoping he will.

BillM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hmmm... that's kind of backwards. There's an old saying....

Men marry a woman hoping she won't change. Women marry a man hoping he will.
The whole freaking relationship was bassAckwards. I started hoping she would change, and it didn't happen. She was hoping I wasn't going to change, and I did.

Latest posts

Top Bottom