When to shoot my doe?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iluvlabs

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a question that I would like to hear opinions on. I have already killed 2 nice does on opening day of bow season.

Going out for the muzzleloader opener this weekend.I will be shooting a doe, but also waiting for a nice buck. I will be hunting the same area Sat, Sun and Monday. I will not have a problem killing a doe.

My question is, seeing that I am trying to put the hammer down on a big buck, when should I shoot my doe? Saturday, Sunday or Monday?

My first thought is to shoot it Sat morning and get her out of the way. But my brain also says wait til Monday and leave my spot nice and quiet while waiting on the buck.

What would you do?

Thanks

iluvlabs

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here is one of the bucks I will be looking for.
i785.photobucket.com_albums_yy139_iluvlabs_SUNP0258.jpg

i785.photobucket.com_albums_yy139_iluvlabs_SUNP0257.jpg

DreamingMan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think I'd wait to take the doe till Sunday evening or late Monday morning. That gives you three transition periods for one of your bucks to come by and get the hammer. Good job at taking the does down. Good luck!

bigcountryok

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You do realize that as soon as you say "I'll shoot a doe on X day" you'll see does every day until that day and won't see another LOL.

I say just hunt and shoot what feels right (and is legal).

Latest posts

Top Bottom