When to start feeding?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks, but as I've stated before, one doesn't need epuipment like this to put in food plots. I only paid $100 for the drill at a farm auction. Had to replace a couple of blades, bearings and a drive chain for less than a bill, but it works like a champ. It could be easily modified to be pulled with a pickup.

yes I know. last year I planted in the clean dirt area around a pond that was low. I also used a weedeater and garden tiller in an area to work up ground. this year I borrowed a small tractor, brush hog and tiller. the soil was dry to a depth of 12 inches and when I finished brush hogging and tilling food plots all day, I didn't have to worry about sun screen, I had a good coating of SPF Topsoil.

Madpap

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm gonna put my feeder out Wed. This will be my first time using a feeder, I'm using corn but need suggestions on what kind of attractant to use. Can someone give advice on a really good one? Deer Cane, C'mere Deer or the like. Thanks for any replies, Terry

Deer Slayer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have used vanilla extract. They smelled it first night while I was sitting in a stand watching the doe get all bent out of shape with the strange new scent. It was funny watching her sneeze and snort. I have used Aunt Jamima's Pancake syrup poured over a pile of corn. Next morning it was cleaned up. They are suckers for something sweet. Caro syrup works fine too.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
i use an attractant the first time just to help the deer find it. after that just fill er up and they'll keep coming to it.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
dennis, i actually have a few inches of growth. when i put the seed out i mixed in some lime and fertilizer. honestly. i'm a bit surprised with the results so far. i can't believe i just found deerslayers sticky on foodplots!

257wby

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Latest posts

Top Bottom