where are we at in the rut?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Granted I can see over a mile in 3 directions from last nights stand, I saw 38 does/fawns and 7 bucks. Two nice bucks were following does with heads down at sunset. All does were and little bucks were headed to feed. Did not wear enough clothes, glad deer were moving because I just about froze out.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Granted I can see over a mile in 3 directions from last nights stand, I saw 38 does/fawns and 7 bucks. Two nice bucks were following does with heads down at sunset. All does were and little bucks were headed to feed. Did not wear enough clothes, glad deer were moving because I just about froze out.

Just a little south of you, I had a disabled vet(one arm) out for a hunt to fill his freezer. 3 PM we walked in, hid in the barn that has mostly blown down, and there were deer on the food plot. He got a decent 8 point. We saw one decent buck and another smaller one, that didn't seem to be interested in the 4 does right with them. maybe they had already been bred? Pics in another thread.

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I still havent seen any deer. Thanksgiving morning i went out and on the lake just south of my treestand about 200 yards i guess the owners were either just shooting to be doing or hunting ducks because they were shooting constantly. Went out that evening,no deer. I've seen a possum and a squirell and thats it

DreamingMan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That is terrible! I hope your luck changes. I remember a few years ago I hunted the last two weekends of archery season in January (cold!) and saw nothing. The following weekend I drove to Tulsa and saw about 15 deer in fields along the turnpike - broad daylight 10:00-11:00! It seems like those SOBs know when hunting season starts and ends.

I still havent seen any deer. ... Went out that evening,no deer. I've seen a possum and a squirell and thats it

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
I still havent seen any deer. Thanksgiving morning i went out and on the lake just south of my treestand about 200 yards i guess the owners were either just shooting to be doing or hunting ducks because they were shooting constantly. Went out that evening,no deer. I've seen a possum and a squirell and thats it

are you dumpinmg a little corn on the ground? might at least get a few does interested.good luck,hope you get one

Latest posts

Top Bottom