where are we at in the rut?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SWRhodd

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My wife and i hunt her parents property south of Mangum and all the bigger bucks my wife and I seen over the weekend were all locked down with does. They would not let them out of their site.

Garand

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I didnt see a single deer saturday from 0630 to 11:55 and then 3:45-5:30. Not a single deer

Yep same here.... I put in a about 15hrs this weekend and didn't see a damn thing, not even a girl deer! But my hunting strategy this weekend was primarily focused on the fact that a few other guys regularly hunt the other end of ~40 acres that I hunt.. I was relying on them to be late like usual and bumbling through the woods well after I was in place on the other end... but no luck.. lazy bums didn't even show up..

papal

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I didnt see a single deer saturday from 0630 to 11:55 and then 3:45-5:30. Not a single deer

Same for me on Sunday. Hunted from 6:30 - 11:45, then 1:45 - dark and didn't see jack squat. I did hear several shots in close vicinity though....enough to make me think the deer that weren't locked down were moving. I think i just had a case of bad luck where i was at and the two nice bucks i've seen in the area on camera were on lock down. high 30's to low 40's all day, nice consistent 5-10mph win out of the north.....damn, what a fine hunting day it was.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Monday was much slower than weekend for me, didn't see any does till 3:30. Spike and fork horns in the morning, did have a nice 8 right before the rain started yesterday afternoon, my daughter tried for ten min to get a shot but he was chasing a doe and we couldnt slow him down long enough for a good shot.

batchman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Same for me on Sunday. Hunted from 6:30 - 11:45, then 1:45 - dark and didn't see jack squat. I did hear several shots in close vicinity though....enough to make me think the deer that weren't locked down were moving. I think i just had a case of bad luck where i was at and the two nice bucks i've seen in the area on camera were on lock down. high 30's to low 40's all day, nice consistent 5-10mph win out of the north.....damn, what a fine hunting day it was.

Same for us in Chandler, OK not a darn thing only found one rub on 160+ acres lots of nocturnal activity on the game cams? Don't know what is up?

ProBusiness

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
2 buddys hunted today north of vinita. one saw a 3 buck bachelor group and the other one saw two separate bucks by themselves one hanging out in tall grass and the other one just walking along.

What is going on??

Oh, forgot, today around 1:00 p.m., one of these same guys saw a nice size buck on hwy 169 east of BA with nose down and trailing something.

Latest posts

Top Bottom