Where can I practice Archery?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cvrx4

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I got a new bow and am needing a place to practice. My backyard is not really an option. It is small and too many neighbors. I called H&H and they told me that their bow range wont be available until September. I went to troper on Saturday and no one was there and I didnt see a range anywhere to just practice. So any ideas tips/suggestions.

Danny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Get a portable target and just find some place out in the country. Preferably on Corp of Engineers land.

I lived near TU for a long time, and a privacy fence helped keep nosy people out of my business.

cvrx4

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
surely u can find a way to shoot at the house.... stand in the front and shoot through the gate into the back? to heck with what the neighbors think at least its not a gun!

It's not that, I have a privacy fence. I just dont have a reliable backstop. I cant put the target against the house and I am worried that the privacy fence wont stop an arrow if I miss.

Danny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
surely u can find a way to shoot at the house.... stand in the front and shoot through the gate into the back? to heck with what the neighbors think at least its not a gun!

Some cities, including where you live, have laws against shooting even bows in the city limits. It pays to not draw attention to yourself, and staying friendly with the neighbors.

AllOut

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Some cities, including where you live, have laws against shooting even bows in the city limits. It pays to not draw attention to yourself, and staying friendly with the neighbors.

its a good thing im right outside city limit then isnt it?
im not saying he has to tick them off with it... u can build a large backstop out of stuff like foam insulation for really cheep sometimes free if u can find a construction site and get there scrap. just an convinent option unless your just dead set against shooting at home

Latest posts

Top Bottom