Where the heck are the deer?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I hit a big goose-egg again tonight - took my daughter out with me and just like my two boys, she couldn't sit still - I should have known not to get into the spot we were in because the only way out is to pretty much announce to all the deer that we were marching out of there.

About 5:20PM, she was freezing cold so I just gave up and we had to hike out - hated to do it, but I didn't want to see her miserable and ruin her on hunting with me.

At least all of the kids have been out with me once this year - now I can tell them that I've got to go out solo from here on out. I just hope I didn't spook all the deer too much tonight. I knew it was going to be warmer and I just got a little greedy.

jbarnett

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I just got home and there were 4 deer in my front yard.
Usually there are only two and they run off when I pull in.
Tonight they hung around and so I got the spotlight and
just watched them for about 15 minutes. I never see them
during the day.

MaddSkillz

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Ahh, I see. They must have been some pretty big tools to hurt the population that bad in 3 years!

With only 5 guys sharing the same management goals on 1300 acres, you guys will have that place whipped into shape in no time. It doesn't take a deer population long to rebound.

Yeah, that's what he said... We're also adjacent to the McAlester ammo depot so we get some of those big bucks over on our property from time to time. So things should pick back up in no time. It's already pretty nice out there. I see deer pretty much every time I'm on the stand minus a couple of exceptions this year.

Also have hogs on the land that we're dealing with now. We just killed the 300lb hogzilla who appeared to be head hancho... And then there've been 2 other hogs killed during deer season as well.

Latest posts

Top Bottom