where to get corn for feeding

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hondafire

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I read in my new bowhunting magazine last night that in extreme drought conditions, a deer will be AT LEAST 10'' short of his potential antler growth. By the way it talked I think the average was above the 10 inches.

big-triple-d

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Filling the feeders again tomorrow I have been mixing antler king deer nuggets with corn 25/75 for the last couple weeks thanks to deerslayer. When I picked up the antler king and 150 lbs rice bran today the guy showed me a Shawnee feed product a corn alfalfa mix coated with molasses. He opened a bag bag for me it was mostly alfalfa pellets and felt dry enough to go through the feeder. It was 12.50 for 50 lbs I might give it a try next time out. Good luck

Deer Slayer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
big-triple-d = What is the protein content? Where did you get it??? Cross brand Feed at 63rd & Bryant is out of Antler King nuggets so I will have to head to Tractor Supply to pick up some 16% protein pellets. One trick that I use to get deer started eating a new feed is put pancake syrup on it the first couple times I feed. They love sweets. I cannot run this thru a feeder of course but you could put a pile on the ground for a few days and squirt the syrup on it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom