Where'd you learn to deer hunt

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Okieshootist

Marksman
Reaction score
Learned on my own starting back in the early seventies. Not many deer in Kay county back then. Main game then was quail and rabbits. Lots more quai then than now. In my twenties you could move 10 to 12 coveys of quail in a day. Pheasants didn't start showing up here until the late 70's. For you youngsters out there this is the good old days.

jbarnett

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Learned on my own starting back in the early seventies. Not many deer in Kay county back then. Main game then was quail and rabbits. Lots more quai then than now. In my twenties you could move 10 to 12 coveys of quail in a day. Pheasants didn't start showing up here until the late 70's. For you youngsters out there this is the good old days.

I use to love quail hunting and now you can't hardly find any.
Quail was the first thing I ever shot cleaned and cooked.

RackStacker30

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My uncle taught me everything I knew about deer, waterfowl, and coyote hunting up until college. I started hunting deer quite a bit after college and have learned a lot of additional info from buddies, other hunters, hunting forums, and even a couple of the TV shows that aren't all about pushing a sponsor's product. I really enjoy Stan Potts Dominant Bucks show on the Outdoor network.

Latest posts

Top Bottom