Which 40 cal pistol is best?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Danny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, I didn't see it listed so I'll throw it out there.

EAA Witness. A CZ clone, can be carried cocked and locked, has a decocker, fits the hand like a Browning Hi-Power, and is very accurate. I had one in .45 and never had an issue with it. Wish I'd kept it.

Oh, and the best thing about it is the price. I don't know what they're going for now, but when I got mine, it was about $200.00 less than a Glock. And I have had issues with Glocks (23), but won't go there now.

pokefun

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I personally carry a .45 because they don't allow a .46. But .40 is my favorite caliber to just shoot and my favorite .40 is the Sig 229. Second fav is the Glock 23. Third is a Baby Eagle, just because of how it fits my hand. Fourth is an XDm full size. Got a couple others but don't shoot them because I don't like them, don't sell them because I buy and don't sell. I think the Sig would be to heavy to carry comfortably for me. I would personally look at a Kahr and shoot it a lot. It took about 500 rounds for me to love my Kahr .45.

Robert871

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
for my cleet, i carry a s&w m&p .40, and i have liked it so much at the range that i have thought about selling my m9 and going to get a compact m&p, its easy to clean, recoil is no worse than my 9, plus all its safety features are passive, so its ready if you ever need it, and if you know how to handle it. safer for you. but they make lots of versions, very similar to it, i would assume the xd and a glock are very similar also. but form experience, i would not pass up the opportunity to give an m&p a chance.

oh, and the only reason i cannot trade my m9 for one is i am a sucker for the beauty of my 9 and handguns with a hammer.

popo103

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think IMO that the best .40 cal I have shot was the Glock 35, mine is a tack driver and runs smooth with no hiccups. Followed by my 22c and model 27. Seems to me it's hard to beat the Glock's i've shot.

Latest posts

Top Bottom