Which One to Carry?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
After many years of carrying a Glock 19, 36, K-9, CW-9, PPK/S or J-Frame year round, I have recently acquired three new carry guns: A Glock 26, a Kahr PM9, and a Ruger LCP. The larger guns, the G19 and 36, will more than likely become cool/cold weather carry units. The PPK/S is greased up and in the safe to be given to my grandson when he is of age. The CW9 went away in a trade, the K9 is old and heavy (like me) but still shoots well and functions superbly (also like me :cool:).

So; I will be carrying either the G26 or the little Kahr PM9. mostly IWB, or the LCP in my front pocket when I can't carry anything bigger. (Of course, the J-Frames will always have their place and they ain't going nowhere!)

So: Of the two which will become my primary EDC guns; what do ya'll think of the Glock 26 vs the Kahr PM9? :scratch: Both seem to hide equally well in a good IWB rig. I like both. I can shoot both well. The G26 is a lil heavier but has more capacity. The PM9 is a... well, it's just a thang of beauty...the G26 is worth $500, the PM9 is quite a bit more costly, like in the $600 range, but it's mine now so the only cost is ammo to feed either gun.

So: Which would you choose as the EDC gun? Glock 26 or PM9 and why. (Noobs and Rookies: feel free to voice your opinion too, but please admit that you are a Noob or Rookie and be prepared to weather the onslaught from some of the more "seasoned" (some don't know crap; they are just old and approaching senility and think they know sumthin' about firearms) vets on here). :comfort:

Last edited:

Sanjuro82

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Both are fine options for CCW. Both are proven and reliable designs. Both are minimalistic in there design (no unwanted safeties, decockers, hammers, or other parts that could snag on clothing). Which do you shoot better? Which one feels more comfortable and natural in the hand and in the holster?

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
My only issue with the short gripped guns are, unless you've run lots of speedloading drills, your very likely to roll some flesh into that magwell with your fresh mag. I prefer a gun with full or almost full sized grip because I have done this a couple of times, and it doesn't feel to good, plus makes it a little tough to get that mag back out.

druryj

Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
All the above has been taken into consideration; and thank you for the input, but which would you choose, if you had to pick one?

druryj

Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
carry the glock and give the kahr to me:Heya::crying:

I think I'll buy a LH holster so I can carry both. Or a double-wide fanny pack! I gotta say that that PM9 feels like it was custom built for that "sweet spot" on my side at 3:30 though. Dang that little thing rides nice.

I'm thinking I can't lose either way, both the G26 and the PM9 are going to be good carry pieces. And the LCP will be good for the front pocket.

Now if Santa would just bring me a new S&W 617 for Christmas, all would be right in my world.

Profreedomokie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have owned both and I would go with the Glock. More controlable for a follow up shot if needed. Like you,I have three J frames and they're all keepers. I'm leaning toward the small .45's. I have a Kimber UC 2,a Para Carry 6.45, and a Glock 30. They will be winter guns and the J frames for hot weather.

MrShooter

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
ok..i love the 9mm first of all...BUT NOT FOR SELF DEFENSE

out of the guns you given us to choose from i would say g26, kahrs are kahrs....
and a 380 is a backup..not a primary.

But, If i were you sir...i would sell all of them and get the Springer EMP 40. shoots like a 9mm, conceals nicely, and still puts out a little more than your 9.

For a winter gun, peneration and power... 45acp, 44spl...

Latest posts

Top Bottom