Which One to Carry?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

z06man

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you feel they both conceal equally well, I see little reason for debate. You take the one that offers capacity, G26. If I had both though, I might carry the PM9 as a backup. It seems small and slim enough.

alank2

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hi,

My take is that the PM9 isn't really suited for the belt as its ideal carry place IS the pocket. I understand there are downsides/upsides to pocket carry, and carry the PM9 in a pocket holster 75% of the time. It is a work of art, incredibly small, and allows you to carry 9mm without any bulk and in a very concealed manner. I never thought I'd find a superior pocket gun to the J-Frame, but the PM9 is certainly it. It beats out the J-Frame is so many ways, (1) 7 rds vs 5 rds (2) superior 9mm power (3) better sights (4) better trigger (5) faster reloads (6) very flat and more concealable.

My opinion is that on the belt I'd carry the G26 or G19. I would alternate between them to see if you can carry the G19 almost as easily as the G26. I found I could. The G19 has many advantages and isn't that much bigger. (1) 16 rds vs 11 rds (2) full handed grip (3) longer sight radius (4) less recoil. I really like the CTAC holster because it has very little bulk.

If you find the Glock too wide for IWB, then I'd look at thinner larger guns for belt carry. You can't go wrong with Glock on the belt AND PM9 in the pocket.

Good luck,

Alan

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you feel they both conceal equally well, I see little reason for debate. You take the one that offers capacity, G26. If I had both though, I might carry the PM9 as a backup. It seems small and slim enough.

Congratulations to z06man! Folks; I think we have a winner! He obviously closely read the question in my post and came up with what is the "logical" answer. But ... logic aside, the PM9 is tucked in at 3:30 as I type and the Baby Glock is asleep in the safe with his big brothers; for now anyway.

Both ARE indeed fine carry weapons, as is the G19 and 36, I think it is going to depend on how I feel as to what my choice is. But ya never know..I might have two of 'em sometimes.

z06man

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
WOOT! What's my prize? :woohoo1:

And I like your reply. Paraphrased, "You're right, but I'm going to carry the other one because I like it better." LOL

Which is perfectly acceptable. Your carry weapon is a very personal choice. It is something you are entrusting your life to.

NINEROUND

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Glock 26 with 19 or 17 magazine as a spare. Better corrosion resistance for salty, sweaty days. Kahr makes a fine handgun, but magazines can be costly and accessories can be harder to find. Just my 2 cents.......

Latest posts

Top Bottom