Which reloading press do you use?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
Dillon 550 for .38, .223, .45 and soon 9mm
Lee Turret for .357 Mag and for now 9mm
Lee single stage and RCBS RL-5 single stage for rifle and odd calibers.

SteveD2

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hornady L-N-L auto progressive for 9mm, .40 s&w, and .45 ACP. Bought all at once from Midway. Using mostly Hornady dies but have a set of RCBS also. The L-N-L feature is way nice for switching between rounds. Will be getting .223 dies shortly. Brand new to reloading and am very happy with the purchase. It can crank out the ammo when I set aside the time to use it.

Mitch H.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Dillon 650 with case feeder here. I have no complaints with this press other than the expense of the caliber conversions. If I had to do it over again, I would seriously look at the Hornady L-N-L for this very reason.

ahlosojoe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I started out with a little Pacific C press and have since graduated all the way to an RCBS Rock Chucker. I have accumulated all the necessaries over the years a piece at a time.

criticalbass

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A Lyman T-Mag, and a T-Mag II.

For high production I would use a progressive press, but for numerous calibers (somewhere over ten counting friends I load for), the turrets are ideal. I think their strongest feature may be the ability to load small quantities for testing without the bother of changing dies for each operation.

I can knock out five to ten test loads in probably half the time it would take me with a single stage press, and the pre-set dies reduce the chance for errors when swapping dies in the single stage. CB

Latest posts

Top Bottom