Which revolver?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr.357Sig

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would purchase an LCR over a Bodyguard 38 any day. The LCR's smooth trigger puts the S&W to shame. Sure, the Bodyguard has a built-in laser, but the button to activate it is both small and hard-to-find.

And when I say "hard-to-find", that is under good lighting conditions, inside the safe and unstressful confines of a gun store. How much more difficult will it be to try to find that stupid little button when some thug is trying to over power her?

I know for a fact that the LCR has less felt recoil than the Bodyguard. That is pretty important to many female shooters, who find .38 Spl. J-frame snubbies quite painful to shoot.

If it were my wife, I'd get the LCR with the CT laser grip. It costs more than the Smithy, but isn't your wife's life worth the extra cash?

I concur with others on this forum that it should be her choice after test-firing all the weapons she's considering first. What works for you or me may not work for her.

Reginald Murray

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Good advice given. What feels good to her? What recoil can she handle? What will be best suited for her to defend herself with? IMO, there is no cost too great when selecting personal defense ... it does not compare to the value of her life. My wife shoots a Taurus Millennium PT-111 Pro. I wanted to get her something with a little more "umph" ... but that's the firearm that felt good to her ... and she is "third eye" accurate with it.

Old Fart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
One other thing to consider.
A great CCW isn't always a great target gun and a great target doesn't always make a great CCW.
You might consider getting her one of both if she enjoys shooting.
I've picked up several for my wife who enjoys an ocassional day plinkinng or target shooting with me.

Latest posts

Top Bottom