Which Watch are you wearing today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mtngunr

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It’s a first for me in DR, been to many others in the Caribbean and all over the world thanks to the USAF allowing me to be an aircrew member for over a quarter of a century. The beach and sand here is in my top five, not a single bit of debris, or rock or corral under foot and it’s as white fluffy as flour, which is a blessing. The resort drinks and desserts could use some help as they are just average at best but it keeps me from eating and drinking more than I need to and spending more time in the water.
Good to hear the beaches and water have survived. My tour of the area was simpler, took a year out of HS and I chipped paint on tramp freighters and hopped off anyplace interesting. At that time, it seemed so undeveloped as to feeling I'd gotten off somewhere in the eastern Pacific, suchlike there was a dock pier for cruise ships, palms and beach, but nothing there past shanties and aqua/pink/blue tiny houses, cruise passengers coming ashore looked just as lost/shocked as me...am sure there was more to it, but I lost nightly wrestling matches to rum until another tramp showed up, old San Juan in PR was more my speed, lots to do and very few tourists there after dark, them staying safe in new San Juan...I had a shirt made there which in English translated pretty much as, "I'm not a tourist. I live here, and I don't answer questions," which amused locals enough that I started seeing copies and cruder variations...those were the days...of near terminal stupidity. While basically ignoring international law and customs, longer stays had me taking color slides with the M2 camera and sending them to assorted advertisements of "take photos in your area for money!" where suprisingly enough, about 1 in 5 actually paid me for my exotic locales, plenty enough for open market food, $25/wk room, and $2/gal rum.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom