Which Watch are you wearing today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mtngunr

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Looks funny on that school girls wrist. Might need to sell or trade that one off…
I tried very hard and failed this morning trying to find a shot of a female arm wearing such a watch, wanting to post it and saying he sent me a shot if him just putting it on...but, it's the thought that counts.

mtngunr

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It’s a first for me in DR, been to many others in the Caribbean and all over the world thanks to the USAF allowing me to be an aircrew member for over a quarter of a century. The beach and sand here is in my top five, not a single bit of debris, or rock or corral under foot and it’s as white fluffy as flour, which is a blessing. The resort drinks and desserts could use some help as they are just average at best but it keeps me from eating and drinking more than I need to and spending more time in the water.
Good to hear the beaches and water have survived. My tour of the area was simpler, took a year out of HS and I chipped paint on tramp freighters and hopped off anyplace interesting. At that time, it seemed so undeveloped as to feeling I'd gotten off somewhere in the eastern Pacific, suchlike there was a dock pier for cruise ships, palms and beach, but nothing there past shanties and aqua/pink/blue tiny houses, cruise passengers coming ashore looked just as lost/shocked as me...am sure there was more to it, but I lost nightly wrestling matches to rum until another tramp showed up, old San Juan in PR was more my speed, lots to do and very few tourists there after dark, them staying safe in new San Juan...I had a shirt made there which in English translated pretty much as, "I'm not a tourist. I live here, and I don't answer questions," which amused locals enough that I started seeing copies and cruder variations...those were the days...of near terminal stupidity. While basically ignoring international law and customs, longer stays had me taking color slides with the M2 camera and sending them to assorted advertisements of "take photos in your area for money!" where suprisingly enough, about 1 in 5 actually paid me for my exotic locales, plenty enough for open market food, $25/wk room, and $2/gal rum.

Last edited:

antkiller

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Good to hear the beaches and water have survived. My tour of the area was simpler, took a year out of HS and I chipped paint on tramp freighters and hopped off anyplace interesting. At that time, it seemed so undeveloped as to feeling I'd gotten off somewhere in the eastern Pacific, suchlike there was a dock pier for cruise ships, palms and beach, but nothing there past shanties and aqua/pink/blue tiny houses, cruise passengers coming ashore looked just as lost/shocked as me...am sure there was more to it, but I lost nightly wrestling matches to rum until another tramp showed up, old San Juan in PR was more my speed, lots to do and very few tourists there after dark, them staying safe in new San Juan...I had a shirt made there which in English translated pretty much as, "I'm not a tourist. I live here, and I don't answer questions," which amused locals enough that I started seeing copies and cruder variations...those were the days...of near terminal stupidity. While basically ignoring international law and customs, longer stays had me taking color slides with the M2 camera and sending them to assorted advertisements of "take photos in your area for money!" where suprisingly enough, about 1 in 5 actually paid me for my exotic locales, plenty enough for open market food, $25/wk room, and $2/gal rum.
Beautiful morning but the wife was showing me up with her version of a watch.
IMG_4981.jpeg

mtngunr

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Beautiful morning but the wife was showing me up with her version of a watch. View attachment 517832
I am a coastal boy, grew up in LA/Lower Alabama, on and in the water, swimming like a dolphin, offshore fishing, white sandy beaches with nothing but houses and a few funky bars on stilts to be seen...and the harder aspects of summers working shrimp boats and oil rig supply boats...your photos make me homesick for something which no longer exists, it all looks like Miami nowadays, and glad you can get away with the wife somewhere where it still exists. Beautiful photos. Oh, nice watches, too (wink!).
PS- tell your wife she really did show you up with the watch and really nailed tropical with those colors. She'd do right well at Mardi Gras, too.

Last edited:

antkiller

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Southern Cali
I am a coastal boy, grew up in LA/Lower Alabama, on and in the water, swimming like a dolphin, offshore fishing, white sandy beaches with nothing but houses and a few funky bars on stilts to be seen...and the harder aspects of summers working shrimp boats and oil rig supply boats...your photos make me homesick for something which no longer exists, it all looks like Miami nowadays, and glad you can get away with the wife somewhere where it still exists. Beautiful photos. Oh, nice watches, too (wink!).
PS- tell your wife she really did show you up with the watch and really nailed tropical with those colors. She'd do right well at Mardi Gras, too.
Southern Cali beach bum myself but it’s a very different place now vs when I grew up there in the 70’s-80’s. It’s still beautiful there despite how many people have tried to ruin it. And wife also likes the Mardi Gras

mtngunr

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Southern Cali

Southern Cali beach bum myself but it’s a very different place now vs when I grew up there in the 70’s-80’s. It’s still beautiful there despite how many people have tried to ruin it. And wife also likes the Mardi Gras
I'd caution the wife to stay away from Easter egg hunts as some kid might try to open her watch. As for times past, as we said about the service, "The Army ain't what it used to be, but then...it never was."

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This was posted on the FB Tudor group. I thought some of USMC boys around here would appreciate. Some dudes wet their diapers over it, I say make it yours. I thought it was cool.

1728415883142.png
1728415916563.png
1728415937428.png
1728415961730.png
1728415991214.png
1728416015789.png

Latest posts

Top Bottom