Which Watch are you wearing today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thor447

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That’s probably the best looking Seiko thus far…I’m sure I’ll get roasted for my blasphemy but IDGAF
That’s a bold claim. There’s been some really good ones on here. I think my Bullhead is better than this one, but that’s a personal opinion. It definitely is one of the lesser common ones shown, especially this particular variant with the full day window on the left side. That wheel was originally broken, and it took me for freaking ever to find a correct replacement.

rjbrooks7

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That’s a bold claim. There’s been some really good ones on here. I think my Bullhead is better than this one, but that’s a personal opinion. It definitely is one of the lesser common ones shown, especially this particular variant with the full day window on the left side. That wheel was originally broken, and it took me for freaking ever to find a correct replacement.
You might have to turn loose of that Lord Matic so I can get my first Seiko and being a Swiss-snob…

Redsnake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This one's usually on my wrist...

Rolex216570.jpg

thor447

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You might have to turn loose of that Lord Matic so I can get my first Seiko and being a Swiss-snob…
I don't know. I'm liking this one a lot after wearing it today. I've got tons of other Seiko's, many of which haven't been seen on here yet, lol. But seriously, it's a deep and dark, but awesome, rabbit hole to dive down into. They are extremely durable, excellent timekeeping, and great value watches. For the money, you're very hard pressed to find another manufacturer that has the same quality movements and dials as Seiko does for the price. Also, Seiko is only 1 of 2 companies EVER to make every single part of their watch in house. The other is Rolex, and they only recently brought their movement manufacturing fully in house buy buying out their 3rd party movement maker. Seiko has been doing everything themselves since the 50's. They even have their own mining operations, foundry, jewel laboratories, etc. Good parts availability (generally speaking) as well.

JEVapa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
This is my daily gifted to me by my dad since he wears an Apple Watch. My mom got for him on one of his deployments to Afghanistan. He wore daily. When I sent it in for service the bezel was so dirty it wouldn’t rotate.
View attachment 367445
I've never seen a Datejust with a gold dive bezel like that. Interesting

JEVapa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
It’s called a turn o graph originally introduced in the early 50s and discontinued in 2011.it was Rolex’s first rotating bezel it is also known as the thunderbird as it was used by the AirForce thunder bird pilots early on.
Very cool... had to go look it up and found several with identical bezels as yours. I like it

Latest posts

Top Bottom