Which Watch are you wearing today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SKATA

Leave the gun, take the cannoli
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Put it on today after decades of sitting in a drawer.

Girard Perregaux men's dress watch. Bought it in 1970, only one to fit my small wrist. 54 years old . . . ouch !
Self winding keeps time today but not sure how much to wind it.

If anybody interested in vintage watch?
20240509_105314_resized.jpg
20240418_122942_resized.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

surjimmy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’m out mowing and cleaning up a commercial property where the tenants are about to learn about the civil court system in OK county…but I wonder if this counts as a beater? I’m wearing it while taking down a homeless camp.
Yes, yes it is, and you should be ashamed of wearing something that ugly.Tell you what i'm going to do just because I like you...........

TANSTAAFL

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Damn, I forgot about Sam’s cash…I usually use it to buy work shirts. I need to go back to buying all kinds of stuff for the office at Sam’s and try to save up for an Omega
I have seen Tag Heuer's at Sam's and even Breitling, never saw Omega. Omega is sometimes available at Costco.

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
I always wondered why celebrities bother with wearing a watch. Time is really of no concern to them. Think about it...they have agents and managers, directors and an entire entourage of folks telling them where to be, at what time and for how long. Other than just fashion, there's really no need. :anyone:
I made the trip down a rabbit hole on YouTube and watched Wrist watch Revival do a refurb on an automatic watch ... Been hooked ever since. These things are fascinating on so many levels. From the screws that are the size of a grain of sand to the Hair spring that causes the main spring to release the energy. Never get tired of watching all the different ways people that are Hella smarter than me figured out how to make that second hand sweep or jump...
Even the electric and quarts movements are freaking cool.

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Picked up several watches at the Sound Bar last night .... This one was not on the agenda and caused me to get the evil eye when I walked in the door with the box. :cool: Several folks from OSA were there , so very cool meeting a couple of you guys and getting to see the others again!!
20240510_073248.jpg

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Picked up several watches at the Sound Bar last night .... This one was not on the agenda and caused me to get the evil eye when I walked in the door with the box. :cool: Several folks from OSA were there , so very cool meeting a couple of you guys and getting to see the others again!! View attachment 477255
Lucky dog! Nice watch

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lucky dog! Nice watch
Lol. Did you have self control or ?
Also looked up the watch and on the low end it is a $285 watch used . Pretty happy to say the least.
When I get home today I am going to get studying that cool copper looking watch I got from you.

Latest posts

Top Bottom