Which Watch are you wearing today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

coolhandluke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The band is what caught my eye. Looks fantastic with the blue. :thumb:

Thanks GED. Its a Crown and Buckle matte supreme NATO in Tuscan yellow. I'm just swapping between it and the slate gray version.

I'm still waiting on the following straps to arrive for the watch.

1. Erika's Originals MN strap in vintage green/ yellow webbing with M.N. 24 engraved buckle.

2. Watch Steward G series strap (single pass elastic nylon strap) in Majolica blue webbing.

3. WOE Glomar Explorer strap in black nylon webbing.

4. WOE Glomar Explorer strap in Admiralty gray webbing.

5. Navy blue Fluco NATO

I'm excited to get my hands on those WOE hook and loop straps. Everyone seems to have a really high opinion of them.

A8fjjbqG8_mid.jpg

pYlNPmH9TL_mid.jpg

I plan to also order a couple Nick Mankey straps, but his new Chrono-Grip straps won't be available until after September or October.

Last edited:

thor447

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I wish I could wear NATO straps, but with my big ol wrists, they cause the watch to stand up WAY too tall. I'm constantly banging it into crap and it just looks silly on me.
I've never found one I thought was very comfortable. Lots of people enjoy them, but they're just not for me. They do look cool though.

rjbrooks7

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I wish I could wear NATO straps, but with my big ol wrists, they cause the watch to stand up WAY too tall. I'm constantly banging it into crap and it just looks silly on me.
I've never found one I thought was very comfortable. Lots of people enjoy them, but they're just not for me. They do look cool though.
Have either of you tried the Erika’s MN straps? I never cared for the NATO strap until I followed the advice (which tends to be right more times than not) of @coolhandluke

coolhandluke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

I completely understand. There are plenty of brands of NATO straps that don't work for me and plenty of watches that they just don't work on. Many times I'm between adjustment holes and it's just not a comfortable fit. The buckles on most NATO straps are perfectly centered on my wrist. If they weren't, I couldn't stand them. I see people with large wrists wearing the buckle on the outside of their wrist and that can't be comfortable.

20240612_183322.jpg

Single passes will help with the watch sitting up too high, especially on dive watches that typically have large casebacks. The better option is just using an Erika's Originals MN, Nick Mankey Hook Strap, Watch Steward strap, or other elastic webbing straps that are thin and fully adjustable.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom