Who all is waiting for their CCW?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

soonergto

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thats true.

They just told me they have started on April's applications and hopefully mine will be processed within the next two weeks.

Day 116 right now, so much for that 97 day turnaround time they were quoted with. Two more weeks would put me at 130 days since I turned it in.

Rugerlab45

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Has anybody noticed that the OSBI claims to be swamped with apps and can't get them out on time, but they manage to charge your debit card or cash your money order almost instantly. Seems they have enough people to take our money but not process our apps and renewals.
Rant over!

You noticed that too huh? Funny, I sent mine in on 4/15, my money order cleared 4/19, but they claim they didn't recieve my renewal till 5/1. Odd how all that works, huh?

Erick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My renewal took almost 4 months from when I sent it in.

Mine expires in October. Does anyone know if there is a grace period of renewal if you turned in the app but haven't received the new license? I'm getting a 10 year this time for sure. It was purely by chance last week that I noticed that it was about to expire.

1shott

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Mine expires in October. Does anyone know if there is a grace period of renewal if you turned in the app but haven't received the new license? I'm getting a 10 year this time for sure. It was purely by chance last week that I noticed that it was about to expire.

30 days grace period from date license expires.

Rugerlab45

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm starting to wonder what sort of recourse, if any, could be taken. It is, after all, the law that states the time period that they have to get the damn things processed. And having an ex wife that works for the State Of Oklahoma, (not the OSBI) I'm familiar with the typical state employee's workload.... I doubt very seriously anybody over there is about to die from exauhstion getting our paperwork done and therefore complying to their own rules.

PawPaw

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wife emailed OSBI yesterday 7/30 and got a reply today. "your license renewal was approved on 7/30/12 and will be mailed within 2 weeks". If she had emailed them 2 weeks ago would she now have her license in hand?

David2012

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm very glad I got a 10 yr license when I renewed. I wouldn't be surprised to learn that some of the finger print rejections people have been getting are just ploys to gain the OSBI more processing time to clear their back log.

nhagar

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
well I just got off the phone with SDA section of OSBI and was told were sorry to hear that your prints have been rejected twice now. Well you can come in to the headquarters anytime monday-friday 8:30-4:00 and get them done. sometimes people have this trouble. She then said usually people that this happens too have worn done fingerprints. she then said Postal Employees are very common for this to happen to them from handling mail. which I am a rural carrier, but she may have only said that cause she did get my social number to look up my application so she could have seen that is my employer.

I then joked with her and said since I have been waiting 2 months to find out bad prints twice if I come all the way to the big city I should atleast get bumbed up in the line of applicants and I got a very serious no afterwards. So they are a bit touchy about that.
Oh and she said if I get prints done there that the FBI won't reject them because they know at the OSBI Headquarters they will get the best prints and will be legit since I did it there. I thought So my local county sheriff's office must not be legit since they have been rejected twice. I just know that if I drive all the way there and get a letter a month later saying I have been rejected again I am going to be upset lol. This is being very frustrating thus far.

Latest posts

Top Bottom