Who does the best local cerakote job?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
At the time of the post Erickson quoted me $115 for 2 Glock slides, 2 barrels, and 2 extractors. That's with me breaking them down and bringing them in. Harsh was exactly double at $230.
A pretty straight forward Cerakote job. I didn't end up coating them. Might try emailing both and see what you get.

I plan on emailing them... but hell, at $500-700 to have two rifles done (one full, one partial), I could buy a helluva setup and do it myself. Then do all of my other rifles for free, or just the cost of the materials. I was thinking maybe a couple hundred to get the whole rifle done. I don't see myself paying ridiculous money for it. I don't know where I got the idea it wasn't overly expensive, but that's just silly, if you ask me.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Its worth it. Check with BLA. I think I paid $125 for a browning hi-power and it turned out great. There is a long learning curve to doing this and I doubt you can get into it yourself for less than a couple grand for quality tools and oven.

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Check the CeraKote website. There are three certified applicators within fifty miles of Edmond. I contacted all three for an estimate on a bolt action rifle within the last two to three weeks. I still have not heard back from one of them. Prices from the other two were miles apart.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Now that I think about it, I know a guy in Van Buren, AR who does it and does a good job... prolly would do it for a decent price. Hell, if he saved me a good bit, it'd be worth the drive.

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Here is my little Khar P380 my son in law coated. I think it cost like $5 in material. I have not done any of it, but he says it is a no brainer. Cheapest place he orders from has a minimum 4 ounce order and it is $10 a ounce. A Glock takes less than a ounce. The key to it he says is the cleaning, getting all the oil residue off.

It is some tough ass coating. This Khar has been coated for close to a year, carried inside the pocket, inside a Kydex Holster. I got the pistol from him about two months ago, and have practiced getting the pistol out of the pocket Kydex Holster for a couple hours collectively, and son inlaw carried it in a IWB Kydex Holster and still have not seen one scratch, mark or anything yet on the coating. The pistol has had about 400 rounds through it since coating as well. Like I said, it is some tough ass coating.

He came over last year and got a fairly good size Toaster Oven we used in our RV's. So he is limited to what ever he can fit in the oven to bake it on. Says it works perfect and keeps him out of trouble of using the daughters oven in the house. He is working on a heating tube to run off of propane to be able to do longer rifle stocks and such.

Attachments

• IMG_1246.jpg
    IMG_1246.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 176

bsmith918

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I do my own, but a nice set up is a lot more than $700, unless you have a ton of the equipment/suppies already. It's fairly easy and straightforward. Just remember, the prep takes most of the time and is also the most important part.

JBird

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I run a small shop in OKC called the Gun Guy Inc. and have been Cerakoting for a couple of years. I also work with a shop in Moore that does hydro dipping for those that want something with a little more detail. There is a LOT of work that goes into preping parts for coating (to do it correctly like Cerakote says it should be done). Most of the cost is prep work in my experience, painting doesn't take too long unless its multi color or you make a oops, lol. Here's a few that I have done recently.

I don't get on here much but if you want a quote the best way to get ahold of me is to email (thegunguyinc@gmail) or my facebook page.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Good work, man.

I will add that member whiskeysnoot on here does it and he did a couple of mine that turned out great. I will post some pics later, but Bruce is a helluva nice guy and I was happy with the work and the price, for sure. He's in Verdigris, just NE of Tulsa.

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just sent Whiskeysnoot a PM; I'll be needing an AK-pattern rifle done in a month or so, when it gets finished being built. Is the Cerakote pretty durable as far as being chemical-resistant (cleaning solvents, lubes, etc.)?

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just sent Whiskeysnoot a PM; I'll be needing an AK-pattern rifle done in a month or so, when it gets finished being built. Is the Cerakote pretty durable as far as being chemical-resistant (cleaning solvents, lubes, etc.)?
From all my research, yes. He can show you examples of his work that is many years old and still looks good.

Latest posts

Top Bottom