Who else loves J-Frames?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rolando

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
20050101_08.jpg
[/IMG]

YUP. love those flat latch snubbies. Nice and glossy. Sporting the OKC grip enhancement too.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
20050101_08.jpg
[/IMG]

YUP. love those flat latch snubbies. Nice and glossy. Sporting the OKC grip enhancement too.

Good lookin' square butt 36 you got there Rolando. :thumb:

Is it a 36? Or is it simply a "Chief's Special" from the early 50's?

How come you went with a matte black Tyler instead of a glossy one? I have a glossy on my model 38 and it's finish is almost identical to the revolver's finish. Compliments it beautifully! :D

daa9mm

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
J frames have really jumped in price in the last few years.
So many people have realized that a 5 shot revolver is easier to carry concealed than a 15 shot 9mm they have grown more popular than they have ever been.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
J frames have really jumped in price in the last few years.
So many people have realized that a 5 shot revolver is easier to carry concealed than a 15 shot 9mm they have grown more popular than they have ever been.

Yeah, folks are finally starting to realize that less is more.

Nothing carries as easily as the mighty J frame. Except for maybe a sub caliber mouse gun. The comfortable to carry J frame that is on your person is better than the not so comfortable auto that gets left at home.

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Yeah, folks are finally starting to realize that less is more.

Nothing carries as easily as the mighty J frame. Except for maybe a sub caliber mouse gun. The comfortable to carry J frame that is on your person is better than the not so comfortable auto that gets left at home.

That, and for most of what we may likely encounter the J-frame will take out the trash!!

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That, and for most of what we may likely encounter the J-frame will take out the trash!!

Precisely. I ain't kickin' in doors anymore, I don't hang out at bars and I don't go into those "iffy" neighborhoods. A revolver (or two ;)) is usually plenty.

It's kinda like in the 1987 movie Dragnet with Dan Akroyd and Tom Hanks. In the P.A.G.A.N. ceremony scene, when they rescue "the virgin" Connie Swail (Alexandra Paul). When the fighting starts, Pep Streebeck (Hanks) pulls out a 6 inch Colt Python and Joe Friday (Akroyd) draws his snubbie.

"The virgin" Connie Swail says: [commenting on Streebeck's gun to Friday] Why is his so much bigger than yours?

Joe Friday: I've never needed more, ma'am.

Latest posts

Top Bottom