Who else loves J-Frames?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sky king

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a pre-37 airweight that my Dad bought in 1953 or '54. Still have the sales slip. $50 at Andy Anderson's plus a box of 158 gr. lead ball for another $5. Still have the last half of that box. That's all the sweet thing has had put through it. Dad kept it in a drawer at the office. Hasn't been fired since1967. It's a beautiful piece.

The first 4000 or so of those had alloy cylinders. Then they decided they were too weak and offered to replace all of them with steel. Mine was never sent back for the new cylinder. The book says the original cylinder makes it twice as valuable. The book also says, "DO NOT FIRE." Damn.

I also have a model 36-1 w/3" heavy barrel on my night stand. I believe it is from the early '70's. Pachmyer grips on that one.

n423

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a pre-37 airweight that my Dad bought in 1953 or '54. Still have the sales slip. $50 at Andy Anderson's plus a box of 158 gr. lead ball for another $5. Still have the last half of that box. That's all the sweet thing has had put through it. Dad kept it in a drawer at the office. Hasn't been fired since1967. It's a beautiful piece.

The first 4000 or so of those had alloy cylinders. Then they decided they were too weak and offered to replace all of them with steel. Mine was never sent back for the new cylinder. The book says the original cylinder makes it twice as valuable. The book also says, "DO NOT FIRE." Damn.

I also have a model 36-1 w/3" heavy barrel on my night stand. I believe it is from the early '70's. Pachmyer grips on that one.

can you post a pic of it???

flatwins

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Wow, yeah that's one to hang on to!

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
after reading this i tucked the 37 with crimson trace in the small of my back with no holster.cold metal feels good sometimes.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

I'll 2nd the pic request. Keep it all together, the receipt, shells, etc. with the original boxes if possible. That's a mighty fine family heirloom that has some history. Man I haven't heard of Andy Anderson's in years!

sanjuro893

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Is anybody else on this thread a grip connoisseur? I change the grips on my j-frames depending on what looks good with the shirt I'm wearing. It's starting to be a sickness.

Latest posts

Top Bottom