Who has Aetna Health Insurance?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FlimFlam

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I found they weren't as good of a deal as BCBS. Premiums were higher (could have been because it was a smaller company) but didn't have some of our preferred doctors accepting it as "in-network"

JonN06

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My previous employer would switch insurance pretty much every year, because they would up the price on health insurance at that time. The last time they switched was to Aetna. I never really had any problems. The premiums were just a little higher if I remember correctly.

1shott

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have them I really dont like them Most test that I need, cant be done in my doctors office, so that means either go to a preferred lab, or another doctor. Takes time out of my day. Thankfully so far the heart test I have needed can be done in office, but atena will not allow blood to be drawn there, for that I have go across town. crazy.

Deductables are higher and co pay for office visits are $30

Last year and this year, they now require me to give blood, have my waist measured and take a health screening, if I dont I pay a higher premium each payday. Thing is they can contact my doctor for the same information, but they will not accept the information from him, they have to have it for themselves, again nuts.

Premiums are higher than others.

So far no major claims, but alot of doctoer visits and lab work, and if I follow their rules, they pay up, so thats a good thing.

AirMech74

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had them when I was contracted with L3....wasn't bad, wasn't great...they did pay 80% of my Gastric Band surgery though..and with a flex spending, it was $300 and some change out of my pocket...not bad in my book....I wish we still had them cuz the crap I have now sucks.

J.P.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've known quite a few folks who've had their carriers switched to Aetna (most formerly Community Care) and they are almost all unhappy about it......me too.

Latest posts

Top Bottom