Who is the father of Gun Control in California?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
History matters. It's funny though, that when some people on OSA aren't cooking up imaginary quotes from Jefferson, they're telling us to join them in the present.

Seedy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Seedy, maybe you should face what's happening right now!

Like the Magpul thread I posted a couple days ago? The one about the legislation in Colorado that is happening right now? Or did you mean some other "right now" that I'm not facing? Were you referring to Obama or Bloomberg, because those are "who"s not "when"s.... Maybe you meant California? That is a "where"... :confused:

...or are you just assuming that because I took a jab at the Gipper that I'm an antigun commie pinko libtard?

jfssms

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Like the Magpul thread I posted a couple days ago? The one about the legislation in Colorado that is happening right now? Or did you mean some other "right now" that I'm not facing? Were you referring to Obama or Bloomberg, because those are "who"s not "when"s.... Maybe you meant California? That is a "where"... :confused:

...or are you just assuming that because I took a jab at the Gipper that I'm an antigun commie pinko libtard?

No I assume your looking at 1967.

jfssms

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Seedy,

You might want to fast forward to what my generation and yours is doing to our 2nd amendment TODAY.

That's all I have to say

okie362

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I must be clueless. The man asked a question. Whether it be for the sake of trivia, understanding, curiosity, provocation of thought or whatever else inspired him to ask, it's still his question. You can choose to answer or not but unless it's an obvious attempt at trolling, why judge the question and the motive behind it?

I for one appreciate the question and the answer because it was something I did not know. Maybe I'm just tired and cranky but it seems that more and more this site is becoming a target range for snipers to take a shot from the cover of the internet rather than a place for open discussion of something we are all passionate about.

"See how high I pissed on the barn door? Beat THAT!"

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yup. I was kinda sad when it got moved.

I do find the contrast in how RickN and I view the same historical events interesting enough to have made the thread worthwhile.

Might be because I knew a couple of guys that LEOs in CA when it was happening. They both said it was nerve racking trying to arrest known criminals with a bunch of openly armed people standing around them screaming.

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Might be because I knew a couple of guys that LEOs in CA when it was happening. They both said it was nerve racking trying to arrest known criminals with a bunch of openly armed people standing around them screaming.
We were ten years old Rick... ''Nerve racking"... They had to pass a law against open carry because it was "nerve racking." Perfectly understandable.The wrong sort of people exercizing their second amendment rights.

Their crime was racking nerves. Something had to be done.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We were ten years old Rick... ''Nerve racking"... They had to pass a law against open carry because it was "nerve racking." Perfectly understandable.The wrong sort of people exercising their second amendment rights.

Their crime was racking nerves. Something had to be done.

Yes I was 10 when it was going on and met them several years later. As to why the Democrat controlled CA legislator passed wrote and passed the bill, ask them.

Latest posts

Top Bottom