Who is the father of Gun Control in California?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okietom

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Those Black Panthers had a very good reason for doing what they did. I have a story. It is about a man that I knew. His name was Joe. He was a veteran of three wars. He served two years in the navy during WW2 and when he got out and no jobs were here for him he enlisted in the army. He stayed for twenty years and fought in Korea and Vietnam Nam. He was a true patriot and served all of us when we needed him and others like him. He liked my AR and my .30 carbine but the Garand was the one he liked best. He was a drinking buddy of my father in law. My father in law was a POW in Korea and also fought in WW2. He earned a silver star.

When Joe got out of the navy after WW2 the reason he couldn't get a job was because he was black. It is way wrong for a man with Joe's character to be denied a decent job because he was black. That is just one of the reasons the black panthers armed themselves. They were being oppressed. We should become familiar with what they did because we all see the possibility of having to do the same things. In a way they are the fathers of open carry.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Those Black Panthers had a very good reason for doing what they did. I have a story. It is about a man that I knew. His name was Joe. He was a veteran of three wars. He served two years in the navy during WW2 and when he got out and no jobs were here for him he enlisted in the army. He stayed for twenty years and fought in Korea and Vietnam Nam. He was a true patriot and served all of us when we needed him and others like him. He liked my AR and my .30 carbine but the Garand was the one he liked best. He was a drinking buddy of my father in law. My father in law was a POW in Korea and also fought in WW2. He earned a silver star.

When Joe got out of the navy after WW2 the reason he couldn't get a job was because he was black. It is way wrong for a man with Joe's character to be denied a decent job because he was black. That is just one of the reasons the black panthers armed themselves. They were being oppressed. We should become familiar with what they did because we all see the possibility of having to do the same things. In a way they are the fathers of open carry.

Joe should not have been treated that way but that is no excuse for the Black Panthers who were no better then the KKK.

Biggsly

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
None of this matters. All you need is a double barrel shotgun and you will be safe. If you hear a noise out in the trees tonight, just fire a couple of shots off of the porch. Just tell the cops that Joe Biden said it is ok.

Last edited:

okietom

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Joe should not have been treated that way but that is no excuse for the Black Panthers who were no better then the KKK.

You are right to a point. MLK used civil disobedience with much better results. I am not trying to justify the panthers actions, I am trying to point out that we may have the same choices to make about when and how to arm ourselves against the oppression of gun bans or confiscation. The panthers made mistakes that we should avoid. I am at a loss on how to carry rifles and shotguns and not look scary to the police that could be trying to take our guns. I think that looking scary was the desired effect.

A big difference between the Black Panthers and the KKK is the reasons behind the hate that they both had for people of a different race and culture. It was still hate and wrong, but one hate was the cause of the other hate.

Seedy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Wow...did you think before you typed that? The Black Panthers might not have been saints, but they were fighting For their own Civil Rights. The KKK fought to take Civil Rights away from others.

To say that the Black Panthers are "no better than" an organisation that was responsible for the murder, rape, arson and other wise terrorism of thousands, tens or perhaps even hundreds of thousands of Americans over many decades is downright offensive.

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hey, what's a century of rapes and lynchings compared to anecdotal reports of racked nerves?
Rick has documented that some cops he knew personally suffered hurt feelings.
They had to get therapy and lots of it.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Boy you guys bought the spin didn't you. The KKK is and always has been a bunch of racist fools but part of that was because they were afraid minorities were going to take their jobs. The rest was racist BS.

As for the BP,

The Black Panther Party's most widely known programs were its armed citizens' patrols to evaluate behavior of police officers and its Free Breakfast for Children program. However, the group's political goals were often overshadowed by their criminality and their confrontational, militant, and violent tactics against police.

Popular support for the Party declined further after reports appeared detailing the group's involvement in activities such as drug dealing and extortion schemes directed against Oakland merchants.

roachjuice

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Boy you guys bought the spin didn't you. The KKK is and always has been a bunch of racist fools but part of that was because they were afraid minorities were going to take their jobs. The rest was racist BS.

As for the BP,
i205.photobucket.com_albums_bb47_thinkpink2111_Oh_snap.png

Latest posts

Top Bottom