Who is the father of Gun Control in California?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jfssms

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They weren't breaking the law. They were legally armed citizens of the United States.
The law was changed because they were exercizing their rights.
Should we change the law every time someone's nerves get racked?
Because I really don't think that you want to say that around here.

David, really.... did I say any of crap you just posted?

at certain times I think the Panthers were thuggish, what I really believe is any free person has the right to keep and bear arms.

Cue

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They stood up for bigotry as well, and still do. Like all extrmists group, they only stood for those like them and wouldn't mind seeing everyone else destroyed.

After what they were put through, can you blame them if some of them had resentful feelings?

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just a thought - the BP have their vision, as do other groups. Been going on for thousands of years. Seems to me the whites wanted to hang on to the "status quo", blacks did not. Both groups committed acts of violence to try to achieve their aims. not sure how peddling drugs and women figures into that, but perhaps it was to fund their resistance movement.

My question is: who won? Is it a better society now? Who's better off?
Are any of us freer than in 1960? 70?

Cue

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Uh being black is not a crime. Lay off the spin and do a little research.

Just a few things, You know little things like murder, torture, etc,
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Panther_Party#Violence

Nice try Bill O'reilly

Yes being black was a crime in the late 60s that is a known fact.

I can post random internet links too

http://www.criticalpast.com/products/location_history/Oakland_California/1960/1968
http://www.hartford-hwp.com/archives/45a/678.html

I need to do a little research?

Your some of your sources are as followed:

Up Against the Wall: Violence in the Making and Unmaking of the Black Panther Party, Curtis Austin, University of Arkansas Press, Fayettevill, 2006, p.x-xxiii
Edward Jay Epstein, The Black Panthers and the Police: A Pattern of Genocide?. New Yorker (February 13, 1971) [2]
David Horowitz's claim about van Patten's death is often discussed on blogs. It is mentioned in an American Enterprise Institute for Public Policy Research book review of Horowitz's Radical Son: A Generational Odyssey called All's Left in the World. Horowitz's credibility as a critic of the left and especially of the Black Panther Party is called into question in Elaine Brown's The Condemnation of Little B: New Age Racism in America. Beacon Press (February 15, 2003) pg. 250–251.
Horowitz, David. "Who Killed Betty Van Patter?" December 13, 1999. Salon.com. [3]

CoachR64

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
After what they were put through, can you blame them if some of them had resentful feelings?

No one is blaming them for their feelings. I am saying they should be held accountable for their actions and reactions to those feelings. Look at the gun debate. We get mad when laws are pushed based on emotions and feelings. None of us are upset or blaming the victims for how they feel. We are upset when they use those feelings to attack the rights of us as gun owners.

Defending their rights is different than assaulting and taking away the rights of others. MLK Jr stood up for rights. He didn't get violent and start assaulting others. Who was more effective?

I am also not naive enough to believe that violence or an uprising is not at times warranted. But it is a last resort in defense of rights/freedoms and not used to prey on and scare others into your world view.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
No one is blaming them for their feelings. I am saying they should be held accountable for their actions and reactions to those feelings. Look at the gun debate. We get mad when laws are pushed based on emotions and feelings. None of us are upset or blaming the victims for how they feel. We are upset when they use those feelings to attack the rights of us as gun owners.

Defending their rights is different than assaulting and taking away the rights of others. MLK Jr stood up for rights. He didn't get violent and start assaulting others. Who was more effective?

I am also not naive enough to believe that violence or an uprising is not at times warranted. But it is a last resort in defense of rights/freedoms and not used to prey on and scare others into your world view.

Exactly!!!

Re: Black Panthers

I"m willing to bet not one person in this thread has ever been face to face with a Black Panther. :)

I have, both kinds. I spent some time in CA in the 70s and worked for a circus years ago. :D

Latest posts

Top Bottom