Who is the father of Gun Control in California?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Nice try Bill O'reilly

Yes being black was a crime in the late 60s that is a known fact.

I can post random internet links too

http://www.criticalpast.com/products/location_history/Oakland_California/1960/1968
http://www.hartford-hwp.com/archives/45a/678.html

I need to do a little research?

Your some of your sources are as followed:

Up Against the Wall: Violence in the Making and Unmaking of the Black Panther Party, Curtis Austin, University of Arkansas Press, Fayettevill, 2006, p.x-xxiii
Edward Jay Epstein, The Black Panthers and the Police: A Pattern of Genocide?. New Yorker (February 13, 1971) [2]
David Horowitz's claim about van Patten's death is often discussed on blogs. It is mentioned in an American Enterprise Institute for Public Policy Research book review of Horowitz's Radical Son: A Generational Odyssey called All's Left in the World. Horowitz's credibility as a critic of the left and especially of the Black Panther Party is called into question in Elaine Brown's The Condemnation of Little B: New Age Racism in America. Beacon Press (February 15, 2003) pg. 250–251.
Horowitz, David. "Who Killed Betty Van Patter?" December 13, 1999. Salon.com. [3]

Sorry Obama but being black was not a crime. Some racist cops acted like it was but legally it was not. As for some the the crimes mentioned in the links, you did notice that they admitted to them.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ugh. I lose. Again! ;)

The guy I met in CA was a member until the group started getting into crime so much and said they started out with great intentions even with the armed patrols but after a while a lot of members were just trying to get the cops to attack them.

As for the black kitty, I know there is not really any black panthers but that is what he was billed as and I still have a couple of small scars on my arm from him. I was trying to clean out his water bowl and he wanted to be ornery. He just barely tagged me.

okietom

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Let's change to another group that armed themselves in the early seventies. American Indian Movement. They actually got into a gunfight with the FBI and the states national guard.

Latest posts

Top Bottom