Who is the resident Revolver Troubleshooter?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bubber

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am not sure of the innerworkings of the Taurus. On the smith the front part of the trigger makes contact with the cylinder stop and moves it down until it releases it after the cylider starts to turn. Yours is allowing to jump off the track and release early. Of course you knew that. See if your triger pin is loose or the trigger is allowed to move rearward when pulled. If under warranty, Taurus had a lifetime warranty on the revos and should still honor the 66, call them ship it back and have them repair it. I wish I could tell you more. Latr rdd

Traxxis

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nah, no lock. It does fire.

It is a direct issue to the cylinder lock slipping off the front of the trigger assembly.

I hate to send it in when I know it's a simple issue of wear that can be handled easily given the proper parts. I just hate to spend $40 sending it to them for them to tell me that. :)

Unfortunately, Brownell's, Numeric, nor Midway have the proper parts. :(

I just wonder how close of a match that part is for the Smith and Wesson?

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Here's a pic that shows a S&W 66 with said part in place.
You can also see the part of the trigger that actuates it.
My bet is one or both of these are worn.
Download the pic and blow it up some.

[Broken External Image]

Traxxis

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Are you the original owner?
If so call taurus and tell them what parts you need, and have them ship you the parts. I had to do this with my Model 85.

I actually am not the original owner, but hopefully they will help me out anyhow.

I've called three times thus far and never gotten a call back. :(

Here's a pic that shows a S&W 66 with said part in place.
You can also see the part of the trigger that actuates it.
My bet is one or both of these are worn.
Download the pic and blow it up some.

[Broken External Image]

Yes, the original part I thought it was is the part that is still in the frame as being worn.

After talking to Cy, I'm not sure that's the case though.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Shadow,

do you have any idea how close of a match the Taurus is of the S&W? It looks awful close.

From appearance they look like an exact copy. But I've never seen the inside of a Taurus and dimensionally who knows? Have you popped off the side plate? You can cycle it with it off and see what all is going on.

Latest posts

Top Bottom