Who is the resident Revolver Troubleshooter?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Traxxis

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
From appearance they look like an exact copy. But I've never seen the inside of a Taurus and dimensionally who knows? Have you popped of the side plate?

I sure have, a couple times, and it looks exactly like that (only it looks like it's been chiseled out, with a dull chisel).

I will try to take some pictures of it broken down tomorrow, and maybe we can compare.

FAL guy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
mark the cylinders to determine if it happens on the same cylinder. It could be a badly worn star or the hand is not engaging on the star for one cylinder. The cylinder stop is supposed to pop back into contact with the cylinder as it turns, hence the turn ring. From the video it looks like the cylinder is not turning prior to this happening.

Traxxis

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That's exactly What Cy and I came up with last night.

Does not happen on a specific cylinder, and is seemingly random.

mark the cylinders to determine if it happens on the same cylinder. It could be a badly worn star or the hand is not engaging on the star for one cylinder. The cylinder stop is supposed to pop back into contact with the cylinder as it turns, hence the turn ring. From the video it looks like the cylinder is not turning prior to this happening.

RKM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just a stab.....if the problem exist in double action mode only and not in single action mode, what part is not being used in single action mode?
The trigger is not being engaged in single action mode, you are just pulling back on the hammer, so whatever part is not working correctly has to be connected to the trigger system.
Have you pulled the side plate off while the rest of the gun is together and worked the action? If you do....do it very slowly.

Like I said...just a stab.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Lets see.
1st. take out cyl stop and make sure there is no burrs or crap in the oblong hole that the frame pin goes thru.
2nd. make sure no burrs on pin or on frame where pin is riveted in.
3rd. check cyl stop "spring" hole for burrs.
4th. make sure there are no kinks in spring. Replace cyl stop spring with something stiffer.
5th. Inspect lip of cyl stop that engages trigger. It should be sharp not rounded. If rounded replace it.
6th. Inspect front nose of trigger where it engages cyl stop. It should be square and sharp. If not replace it.
It only takes 10-15/1000ths stoned off the cyl stop lip to cause slide-by but usually it will do it all the time.
This sounds more like a burr that sometimes it catches and sometimes it doesn't.

Latest posts

Top Bottom