Who makes a smooth upper?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Who makes / sells a flat top upper that has no provisions for a dust cover, forward assist or the big ugly shell deflector.
Saw some at Wanemachers last year now I want some.

bsmith918

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
DPMS. I used one on a Beowulf build and it has worked great. I don't mind any of these parts and have a lot of AR's with them, but outside of the deflector have no real need for them. This is just my opinion and everybody has one.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What? Wait.. why? I really appreciate all three of the things you mention that you don't want on it. Why? Curious?

I want a sleeker model. In the 35+ years I've had ARs, I never use the forward assist (got plugs in the holes). I've always hated the flip-open door which I've left off all my current guns.
also can't stand that deflector which each company seems to make bigger and bigger.

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I want a sleeker model. In the 35+ years I've had ARs, I never use the forward assist (got plugs in the holes). I've always hated the flip-open door which I've left off all my current guns.
also can't stand that deflector which each company seems to make bigger and bigger.

Cool, I can appreciate that! I am a newbie on AR's. Just the last few years. Between the son in law and some guys on here I have grown to enjoy them a lot!

SDarkRage

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I love the FA and use it on a regular basis while deer hunting to get a round in the chamber silently.

Wow, for some reason I had never thought about using it that way. I will keep that in mind for later. Although I don't hunt much anymore and never would use an AR since I have bolt/lever guns in pretty much every caliber. I do use the AR for prairie dogs but I don't think they would hear it at 300/400 yards... least its never seemed to make a difference.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I do the same thing. Nothing like breaking the silence of a cold morning by letting the charging handle fly.

Same could be said for a home defense gun. You don't want to give away your position by racking the slide on a shotgun, or releasing a charging handle.

That being said, if its only life is going to be a range gun, it really doesn't matter I guess.

Latest posts

Top Bottom