Who makes a smooth upper?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SDarkRage

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Same could be said for a home defense gun. You don't want to give away your position by racking the slide on a shotgun, or releasing a charging handle.

That being said, if its only life is going to be a range gun, it really doesn't matter I guess.

And that's why we keep our guns loaded and at the ready here at the house with the safeties on. But, keep in mind we don't have kids either. When we do have kids over, they guns go back in the safe until the kiddos are gone.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My hunting guns have dust covers as well for a reason. I've been out in the last two snow storms during the snow. The right side of the rifle was covered in snow after a 30 minute sit. Coming out of a warm truck, initially the water melted on the receiver, then froze as the day went on and it got colder.
The coating of ice wouldn't have prevented the rifle from firing, but it would have prevented water getting into the action and trigger area that could cause rust down the road.

Latest posts

Top Bottom