Who on this forum where born in California?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okmic1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is like Grapes of Wrath being played in reverse.
When I told my last CA boss that I was fed up with California and moving to either Oklahoma or Missouri he mentioned the reverse Grapes of Wrath idea. His family had actually moved to CA from OK back during the dust bowl years. I have family in MO, but OK had more opportunity for me, so we stuck it out here. One of the best decisions I've ever made. I love this state.

Parks 788

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Alright, I have to know, being from Costa Mesa, are you one of those who wants to shut music down at the fairgrounds or one of those that wants to let them play?

No. I didn't care. I live in Eastside Costa Mesa just a few blocks from Irvine Ave and 17th St. I could only hear the music very faintly if the wind was just right. I could imagine though, that if I lived in the College Park subdivision it would have been awful when a concert was going. But the whole music issue started about 18 years ago. They still occasionally have concerts there during the OC Fair.

pinkhamr

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Born and raised in Oakland ...... what a PIT! Lucked out when the family packed up and moved to Phoenix when I was 15 - That was back in 1963.

TKNO1015s

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Born in Hayward; lived in Hayward, Livermore and Pleasanton. Moved here in '77 and ain't looked back. I do have to order care packages of Linguica sausage, Gallo salami and REAL sourdough french bread every once in a while for a quick fix!

Dr. HK

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I really have a hard time loving Oklahoma. I mean I love the gun laws/rights, OSA, and the affordability of homes. Other than that....it sux.

Latest posts

Top Bottom