Who's had good results getting rid of roaches?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Honeybee

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My renters were very dirty too and left us with about a million roaches, they were crawling on the walls, floors, ceiling, inside cabnets, stove, oven, bathrooms...everywhere.

I walked in to inspect and just backed out again and called around for exterminators who would come out before "next week sometime"

First treatment knocked out quite a few and he put down sticky traps that filled up over the next week, a follow up treatment before painting got more but still showing up in sticky traps, I am having them come out for another followup spray before doing final cleanup so we can get it rented.

get a company that will come out on a regular basis, at least 4 times a year or you will have the same problem after each renter.

You cannot use boric acid on a rent house without cleaning it out before the renters move in and if you are like me then you don't want to wait a few months between renters.

Good luck

Old Fart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When I lived down in Florida you could have the exterminator come in and spray for them.
They'd move out of your house into your neighbors.
Then he'd have them sprayed and they'd move back in yours.
What a racket.

ekdkdk1

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
i had some people move into a rental house next door to my old home. they lived there for a year. and the roaches started popping up everywhere. when they moved out. they got really bad. i guess looking for new food source..

after talking to a few exterminator buddies of mine. one of them gave me this stuff called TEMPO.. it comes in powder form. mix with water. use sprayer. it is the same stuff pro's use. you can buy a big container of it on ebay for around 70.00 but more than you would ever use in a lifetime. but the stuff deadly to anything. termites. roaches ants. flea's....you could probally find it somewhere local.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Boric acid. It's about the same toxicity as table salt. They also don't develop immunity to it either, because it's not toxic to them. It kills them by dehydration and lasts for several years. I read somewhere that in some areas they are putting it into the walls and attic in new construction, but I think that sounds a bit far fetched. It does work tho....

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I remember that thread. I don't have intentions of breathing the dust, I have been using it in
My pool for 20 years, and in
My garden for just as long. If it's spread in areas where roaches inhabit, like behind appliances, behind furniture, etc., I wouldnt think there would be any issue unless somebody blew into it and quickly inhaled the dust.
Just my way of thinking. :D

Honey Badger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just had some renters move out of a rent house and it was dirty and has A LOT of roaches. Has anyone had any results getting rid of them?

Boric acid. The best thing since air! Roaches will survive a nuclear blast but boric acid will kill them. they are also cannibles. When they eat the dead they will be poisoned as well. Good shizzle! Trust me.

Latest posts

Top Bottom