who's hunting where this weekend???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

owu1bag5

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i am going to black kettle for opening weekend. i was invited to go by my friend's wife, now my friend can't go cause he has to work, so i am going with just his wife...... and her family. they do a push/drive hunt out there every year. i have never deer hunted like that and i just want to see what it is like. i havent hunted public land in quite some time either so that should be interesting. then after the weekend i will be just north of binger the rest of the week. gonna spend as much time in the woods as possible because opening week will mark the end of my hunting season this year due to taking a new job.

Lone Wolf '49

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Lake Creek, north of Granite opening weekend, aunt and uncles place. Rest of the season western Seminole County south of Maud and maybe back to Lake Creek for a day or two. I just want some meat.

DreamingMan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I wish I was certain, but possibilites include Noble County (NC OK), Mays (SC OK), Creek County (E OK), Woods County (W OK) in decreasing order of possibility. God will it will be somewhere.

Redmule454

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well... I was informed last Sunday by my wife's uncle that he and his friend would be hunting opening weekend and we were not to be out there (he owns a part of the land we hunt on). Nevermind that we've been hunting there for 10 years and he's never set foot out there. Oh and did I mention that he asked if the feeder was working? And that he plans on sitting in my deer stand!?!?! This is the only place we have to hunt. So unless we hit a WMA blind, I will probably sleep in.

:hellno:
Just say "no-way!". Tell him how much work you have done, money and time wise, for the feeder and the stand. It doesn't matter if he owns part of the land, he doesn't have the right to just walk in and take over your stand. Sometimes you gotta stand up to family members. If not expect more in the future when they realize you will just roll over. :giveup:
My :twocents:
If that doesn't work, do as my buddy did. Mike had a neighbor sneaking in and hunting out of one of his stands while Mike was at work. Mike relieved himself for a week in a Porta-potty and then dumped the contents at the base of the stand. The neighbor walked thru the "crap" and got it all over his boots and pants while climbing into the stand. Man was he mad! Served him right! :rotflmao:

Latest posts

Top Bottom