Who's Taking a New Hunter Out Saturday?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

imhntn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I took my son-in-law out to shoot trap with my daughter's 20 ga. tonight and he hit a good 80%. I think we will be eating some dove this weekend.

And Indi...you can learn a lot about where deer are going and what they are doing by just sitting out under a tree and you can start doing that before the season opens and then have a ground blind built and ready for their trails or a tree stand ready. My first tree stand was a board with big v-notches cut in both sides that I wedged between a forked limb to sit on and stood on a lower limb. You can screw it in with sheetrock screws and still have it be mobile so you can move spots. It doesn't have to be fancy to work. Getting under the limbs of a big cedar tree and lay a dead log out at the drip line and cut out the lower limbs for a blind and wire the upper limbs down to the log in front of you and cut out a shooting hole makes a good blind too. Good luck and take some pics for us when it comes together.

PawPaw

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Taking my 11 yr old granddaughter. She passed her hunter safety course Saturday (she said she only learned 2 things, knew everything else, was bored to death but still scored 100%). She has aRemington youth 870 20ga. I am probally more exited than she is. Hope to get the rest of the grandkids out soon after.

donokc

Marksman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm going to take a young lad i work with out for his first time hunt. But I didn't tell him that he is going to be my bird dog for the most part neither!

meatGrinder

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Why stop with rabbits? Hell it's August, go ahead and shoot you a couple turkeys out of the roost, pot shoot some quail, and maybe you could kick up some pheasant hens to blow out of the sky.

Latest posts

Top Bottom