Why are we always on defense

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Why aren't we on the offense pushing for more gun rights more often?

Because, for most people, guns aren't our whole lives they are simply a part of our lives. Competing priorities; paying the bills, raising families, working, living etc...makes it hard to get "the base" fired up.

chevyboy123

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Because, for most people, guns aren't our whole lives they are simply a part of our lives. Competing priorities; paying the bills, raising families, working, living etc...makes it hard to get "the base" fired up.

Makes sense and we've made some progress in the last few years. It just seems like we are always sliding back instead of pushing forward.

skycitadel

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Why aren't we on the offense pushing for more gun rights more often?

There is a sorta constitutional carry bill in the house right now
HB 1026

Been going to the rallies and calling my reps and writing letters. Not much more to do here in OK if that and federal nullification passes.

Federal is where we need to get someone in office on a platform of proposing doing away with federal regs and laws. Which will be a hard hard sell to the whole country. Currently we are talking about "assault weapons" that arent even assault rifles. Could you imagine trying to convince some people to do away with NFA? or NICS? I imagine plenty of people in this forum would have a problem with that let alone the general public.

chevyboy123

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That's more what I was hitting at.
We need more people at the federal level alot of folks are active at the state level. But all the big money nationally negotiated us to where we are now and does not want to push for legal new production full auto available to the public or easy access to sbrs or suppressors.

HackerF15E

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Plenty of progress has been made over the last 10-15 years in terms of pro-firearms legislation. In fact, I'd call 2011 the high-water-mark of civil rights for firearms owners following decades of legislative "losses". The big news is in many news adopting concealed carry laws, and of course the Heller and McDonald court decisions.

chuter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'd bet the Brady group feels like they're always on defense, with all the pro-gun things that have happened in the last few years, and that's a good thing.

Latest posts

Top Bottom