Why have we bought Homeland Security 1.4 billion rounds of hollow-point this year?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flybeech

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
The Department of Homeland Security has ordered another 750 million rounds of various caliber hollow-point ammunition, which brings their year to date purchases of hollow-point ammo to 1.4 billion rounds. I dunno, but 1.4 billion rounds of ammo seems like a lot of ammo.

Why do we need to buy Homeland Security 1.4 billion rounds of hollow-point ammunition?

http://www.infowars.com/dhs-to-purchase-another-750-million-rounds-of-ammo/

aestus

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Must be the tactical operations both the border patrol and homeland security have been doing in the Middle-East. As to why they're even doing anything overseas still boggles my mind...

ripnbst

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Most people don't shoot 1 million rounds in all calibers combined their whole lifetime. I really hope that this is a bulk purchase that is slated to last for years to come. Either that or they can hoard it now to sell it cheap later as milsurp like the commies are doing today.

Worst case scenario a band of "well organized militia" will have an ammo depot already setup for them guessing it's more than one location.

Have Blue

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
From what I have read, these are long-term, open-ended contracts. The actual amout of ammo that has been ordered has been about the ususal amout these agencies regularly order for training purposes.

Doesn't mean we shouldn't pay attention though......

Simon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The Border Patrol uses over a millions rds. a year of hand gun ammo for Quals and training, when you include rifle and shot gun ammo who knows what the total is.
You also have ICE, the Secret Service, The TRS, the Capitol Police and other branches. I have no clue how many armed employees HomeLand Security has, but possible as many as 20 thousand. A contract that covers as much as 4 years could easily buy that much ammo.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The Department of Homeland Security has ordered another 750 million rounds of various caliber hollow-point ammunition

No they haven't.

Do a little research on how government purchasing contracts work...in particular IDIQ contracts...before doing the chicken little imitation...it'll add some credibility.

LightningCrash

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
From what I have read, these are long-term, open-ended contracts. The actual amout of ammo that has been ordered has been about the ususal amout these agencies regularly order for training purposes.

Doesn't mean we shouldn't pay attention though......

what, no, you're just some guy on the internet. i choose to believe some other guy on the internet who wants to sell me Mountain Home dried food.

vicsinner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Add to all this in consideration how many agencies now fall under the umbrella of the DHLS? How many agents that carry arms is that? Figure a requirement of 200 rounds per month in practice quals etc, and another 100-300 per agent to hold back for duty carry use. If you think about some of it it makes a little more sense.

I'm still not letting my guard down though

Latest posts

Top Bottom