Why haven't you tried some competitive shooting?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jtischauser

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The H&H match is a sanctioned by USPSA. It's minimum caliber is 9mm. You will need 2-3 mags. 4 is better if you have them. If you need mags or holster someone usually has stuff similar to you's and folks are usually willing to let you borrow a mag for the evening.

jcarpenter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I do roll my own ammo so the ammo crisis hasnt hit.me that hard.

It is a sport you wished you had done sooner. And you don't have to.practice before shooting a match, that's a weak excuse. You don't practice backing out of the drive way before heading to work, you just do it.

poopgiggle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A friend of mine who bought his first pistol in mid-December went out to shoot IDPA last Saturday and had a good time; he's so new to guns that I had to show him how to clean his pistol after the match. All of your "not good enough/want to watch first" excuses are now null and void.

TulsaGeoff

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had my first stab at some competitive shooting 2 weeks ago at a steel challenge at USSA. It is probably the most fun I've had shooting and it is not too expensive if you are using .22!

I'd like to get into IDPA and skeet, but I think I'm going to focus on steel for a bit.

jtischauser

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Check out some 3 gun action from this past Saturday's match at OKC Gun Club.

We had 5-6 first time shooters. If anybody wants to come and play let me know. I have plenty of guns and gear if you need something to use to get started.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Top Bottom