Why Murdoch fired Carlson

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When Fox fired Bill O’Riiley he was their #1 show too. Different circumstances for sure but they’re not strangers to firing their stars. I don’t think this will hurt them anymore than the slow walk of death of cable news that is already happening.

Last edited:

mtnboomr

Questionable Character
Special Hen
Reaction score
Reports from various sources are saying that Murdoch removed Carlson - but didn't actually fire him. It seems Carlson is still on the FOX payroll. This appears to be a way to keep Carlson from moving to another news agency and to silence him through the 2024 elections.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think it was Megyn Kelly who said that Roger Ailes was the conservative ideologue, and Rupert Murdoch is just a straight up capitalist. My guess is that he looked at what Carlson had already cost the network, what he was likely to cost them in the future, and what he was going to bring them, and decided that the ROI just wasn’t there anymore. It’s not personal, it’s just business.

red dirt shootist

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think it was Megyn Kelly who said that Roger Ailes was the conservative ideologue, and Rupert Murdoch is just a straight up capitalist. My guess is that he looked at what Carlson had already cost the network, what he was likely to cost them in the future, and what he was going to bring them, and decided that the ROI just wasn’t there anymore. It’s not personal, it’s just business.
Probably sums it up, but the wild card is the ego's. When you have the #1 show, and the other guy owns the place they probably took turns slamming meat on the table, and then had a heated f you contest.

Latest posts

Top Bottom