Why Murdoch fired Carlson

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Don't agree. The person in that time slot doesn't gain approval ratings because of the time they are on the air.
I didn't say otherwise. All I said was it wasn't beyond belief that they would put someone in that slot who would pull in the ratings. The ratings may be down now, but a few days isn't the ballgame, especially for someone like Murdoch who has made his fortune by playing the long game.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Don't agree. The person in that time slot doesn't gain approval ratings because of the time they are on the air. They gain it by the content they produce during that time slot, which Tucker did.
Proof in my comment is that the current person in that slot has slipped below CNN ratings.
Newsmax has surged ahead in their ratings.
Americans have a short memory so we will see if the public leaving FOX will return.
It is actually the "premier" slot.

To the thread: I think there's a lot of temporary blowback going on. Yes they've tanked and it's cost them a ton of money. Kilmeade isn't bringing in anyone it seems and isn't stopping the blood from streaming out, but he's a pretty solid conservative. That is that blowback at play. If the ratings are still tanked in 6-8 weeks we'll know if it's going to last.

Whoever is hosting that slot just has to know that the management will only go so far. They canned O'Reilly who was the king of cable. Judge Jeanine got her butt spanked multiple times for being too harsh on libs, she was utterly ruthless in her "opens" and they canned her show finally after several "suspensions". Somehow she's managed to hang on to her contract, but has no show now where she's totally on her own. She ramrods The Five and it is their best rated show with Gutfeld closing in on that with his. I suspect that Tucker isn't going to be let out of his contract just like Judge Jeanine wasn't. They'll have him doing something just to keep him from going elsewhere and making that blowback permanent. :twocents:

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not sure this makes sense. IF you fire a guy because he may have costs you money in a lawsuit but said guy had the highest rating in all of TV/Cable news and probably brought in more revenue that anyone person in TV news history but then you fire said guy; you just chit the bed twice. You paid all the lawsuit money AND now you don't have the revenue he brought in. Seems like a really dumb move on Fox's part.

In the end Carlson will probably end up starting a business like Ben Shapiro did with the Daily Wire and make 10 fold what he was making at Fox. Tucker wasn't hurting for money before and surely will not in the future.
Chinese Overlords don't care.

Raido Free America

Radio Free America
Special Hen
Reaction score
We have seven corporations, in this country that control ALL the news media, including most of the local media outlets! All these media outlets, and talking heads, local, as well as national, THINK , DO, AND SAY, exactly what the guy that signs their pay check tells them to say, including Fox News, or they end up like Tucker! I suspect all these media CEO's are in bed with Crooked Politicians, that pass laws that regulate, and control government agencies, that enforce these regulations, that can make, or break, these corporations!! What WE, in my opinion have one political party controlling ALL THE NEWS MEDIA, AS WELL AS THE ENTERTAINMENT MEDIA, THAT CONTROLS EVERYTHING WE ARE ALLOWED TO THINK, IN THIS COUNTRY! Is this the technology APOCALYPSE depicted in the terminator movies, but instead of KILLER ROBOTS, we have ROBOTS THAT KILL OUR ABILITY TO THINK, AND REASON, FOR OURSELVES, AND THAT COULD BE WORSE??

Latest posts

Top Bottom